Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 3678
Requisition Number: 14743BR
JOB SUMMARY: The Telecom Administrator is responsible for the administration, monitoring, and stability of voice, presence, video, and telephony network services across the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Install, maintain and troubleshoot voice and video environment at domestic and international sites
• Perform analysis and capacity planning to ensure performance and scalability of the voice and video environment
• Maintain system documentation
• Assist in the planning, design, and implementation of the overall corporate voice and video infrastructure
• Study vendor products to determine those which best meet the company needs
• Provide recommendations to management resulting in purchases and installation of hardware and software
• Evaluate new products/technologies to determine impact on existing system configurations
• Prepare proposals, cost/benefit analyses and feasibility studies
• Design, configure, implement document and maintain Cisco voice solutions including Call Manager, Call Center Express, Unity Connection, and voice Gateways
• Design, implement and maintain additional voice solutions such as Unified Messaging, IPCC Express, IP IVR, Mobility, and Presence
• Troubleshoot and problem solve within the Cisco UC environment to ensure highly available systems and expeditious incident resolution
• Perform Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning in Voice environment to minimize work disruption
• Management of PSTN services and service providers, working closely with the telecommunications team to manage service providers, leased lines, 800 service, DID pools, Wireless Service, and various other systems and services
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Bachelor's degree in Business or Information Management or equivalent experience preferred
• 3 to 4 years of Cisco video experience required
• 3 to 4 years of A/V experience required
• Requires advanced knowledge of Cisco VoIP and Video Technologies
• Must have solid understanding of A/V technologies such as Crestron programming, HDMI, commercial televisions
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively interface with all levels of management as well as with Polaris' vendors
• Must have Cisco Unified Communications including Call Manager, Cisco Expressway, Cisco Video, Cisco TMS.
• Must have working knowledge and experience with PSTN connectivity standards (PRI, CAS, POTS, E&M, SIP)
• Preferred knowledge in SIP, SIP-T, H323, SCCP, MGCP, IP, TCP, UDP, TFTP, H.264, G711Ulaw, and G.729a/b.
• Working knowledge of Cisco networking equipment required
• Preferred Knowledge of Carrier Based SIP Trunking technologies and Session Border Controllers
• Experience with business and functional requirements collection
• Experience with large scale MPLS and Unified Communications deployments
• Experience with architecture, design, and implementation of Cisco video technologies
• Working knowledge of Mersive Solstice wireless devices
• Ability to troubleshoot complex issues in video and A/V environments
• Good understanding of the Cisco Unified Communications Platform, IP Telephony, and telecommunications design
• Knowledge of programming fundamentals and scripting languages
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to team with others to develop and implement
• Domestic and international travel as required
• Some nonstandard hours including nights and weekends on occasion
• Standard office setting
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Video/Telecom Administrator
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US