Master Data Management (MDM) Manager
Location: Compton, California US
Job Number: 1893
Requisition Number: 11018BR
Transamerican Auto Parts Inc. (TAP) is currently looking for a Master Data Manager within their Information Systems (IS) department located in Compton, CA. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate who will be responsible for working with the IS and business users to provide direction and hands-on support for enterprise data governance with the goal to improve the visibility, trust and value in enterprise data assets at TAP.The next two years will focus on managing ERP data as a critical asset all while converting from a legacy ERP to Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations (formerly AX 2012). The Master Data Manager will define the vision, goals and objective for providing useful information and ensuring alignment on priorities, implementation and governance with key stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Proactively champions the value of useful information as a strategic business asset and revenue generator by providing the organization, guidance, and oversight for establishing and maintaining principles, role definitions, responsibilities, standards, procedures and accountability for information (data) stewardship.
- Leads development and execution of multi-year business plans that address current and emerging information demands, collaborating with other capability owners to drive maturity.
- Engages with cross functional business stakeholders to establish adoption of data governance definitions, policies and procedures to ensure continual alignment around the development, maintenance, access, use, security, retention and retirement of information (data) assets.
- Develops staff work plans and schedules, sets priorities, solicits input, provides direction, mentors and manages employee performance, sets performance goals, and ensures high quality customer service and on-time delivery of agreed deliverables.
- Owns and drives various mass data cleansing projects that would involve correcting inaccurate data, filling missing data, merging duplicates and building account hierarchy relationships.
- Actively seeks new technologies to streamline and automate manual data management processes; reviews current technology solutions and makes recommendations based on fit with the organization's strategic vision.
- Defines and implements a collaborative approach for proactive monitoring, detecting, assessing and cleansing data quality issues to ensure fitness for intended uses and sustained quality.
- Builds the strategy, develops the roadmap, and manages the backlog and end-user support for the application platforms for data governance, data quality monitoring, and master data management capabilities.
- Monitors the cost of collecting, managing, and sharing data while increasing the value of the data to the organization.
- Ensures benefits realization and lessons learned are documented and embedded into subsequent planning cycles and activities.
- Develops, designs and implements metrics/dashboard reporting for key management initiatives
- Partners with business analysts, systems analysts, and engineers in requirements gathering and reviews.
- Responsible for analyzing and translating business, information and technical requirements into a strategy that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in information lifecycle management including experience with data governance, data quality, master data management and business intelligence
- 4+ years management experience
- Ability to assemble, analyze, and evaluate data and to be able to make appropriate and well-reasoned recommendations and decisions to the business stakeholders and project team
- Strong leader who can work with multiple stakeholders, develop and execute information strategy while being able to manage day-to-day tactical activities
- Experience with Microsoft BI and other business intelligence tools. Experience with MDM and PIM solutions Skilled in being a strong team player, i.e.; flexible, collegial, and enthusiastic
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments; ability to effectively execute tasks while under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Possesses strong organizational skills
- Dynamics AX or Dynamics 365 experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (vlookup & pivot tables), Power point and Word
- Omni channel experience (retail, web, call center)
- Experience with implementation of global master data projects
- Experiencewith data analysis tools and data lineage/metadata tools
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Master Data Management (MDM) Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Compton, California US