Territory Sales Manager
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2134
Requisition Number: 11509BR
Polaris is looking for highly driven and tactical sales individuals who have passion to drive wholesale within the off-road vehicles division, through strategic partnerships with business units, field sales and our dealers. This role will require execution in exceeding monthly, quarterly, and yearly revenue targets through the wholesale of major units, parts, garments, accessories, and oil for a network of roughly 60 dealers.
This role will be based out of our Corporate Headquarters in Plymouth, MN and will require successful execution and relationship building over the phone. This is a highly cross-functional role that involves partnering across dealers, Polaris field sales staff, and internal corporate partners to understand market dynamics, competitive moves, strategically and efficiently resolve issues, and meet our business objectives.
This role will be the ‘go-to' resource for delivering on the company's revenue commitments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop agendas for and execute daily business meetings with assigned dealers
- Maintain effective communication, partnership & alignment with 2-3 District Sales Managers to execute on Business Unit priorities and exceed our dealer and consumer expectations
- Consistent daily interaction with a CRM reflecting dealer call take-a-ways and follow up actions needed. Most importantly, provide strategic commentary highlighting improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for building, reviewing and approving model level orders and major unit wholesale targets as well as Parts, Garments & Accessories and Oil revenue targets. This requires a keen understanding of competitive developments, market dynamics and retail trends.
- Develop sell-in presentations, including recommended order and suggestions applicable to market needs, to conduct during business meetings resulting in the right product being in the right place and at the right time
- Responsible for managing the Sell-In Programs for Off-Road Vehicles & Parts, Garments & Accessories.
- Manage all SMART Solicitations by strategically developing recommended orders for each dealer based on retail history, retail forecasts and opportunity reports for power items.
- Ability to overcome objections through planned countermeasures using objective market and dealer data highlighting the unrealized opportunities.
- Lead and manage sales expansion and introduce new products/services to dealers; this should illustrate improved dealer profitability through their engagement in these products.
- Routinely review results, objective market data and analyze controllable inputs yielding appropriate pre-call evaluation and planning.
- Thoroughly understand our retail and segment velocity and order histories (using provided tools) to develop and provide recommended orders based on market and profit opportunity
- Provide objective and strategic forecasts including countermeasures to improve on any forecast below expectations. Works with business units and management to refine those countermeasures.
- Direct dealers to proper resources, communicate with internal partners, and escalate when appropriate to quickly and effectively resolve issues with win/win solutions
- Develop training and onboarding plans for new dealers to ensure seamless transition for our consumers.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 3-5 years of strictly field, retail, inside sales, or customer service experience required
- Robust numeric and analytical skills, with the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; basic knowledge and application of statistics
- Knowledge and experience and/or aptitude working with numerical metrics to address questions with dealers
- Excellent customer service experience and skills
- Proficiency with computer programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent phone communication skills are required; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of a distribution network strategy
- High energy and aptitude for problem solving
- Process-oriented, highly regimented, likes structure
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strongly Preferred - Bachelor's degree in related field preferred (Business, Marketing)
- Powersports Industry Knowledge
- Polaris business and Polaris product knowledge
- An understanding, appreciation and passion for Polaris product preferred
- Standard fast-paced corporate office environment
- Travel required up to 15% for meetings, region travel or customer events
- Some travel to remote locations and corporate functions may be required
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Territory Sales Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US