IT Generalist (Polaris Boats)
Job Number: 2157
Requisition Number: 11589BR
This role is based out of Elkhart, Indiana supporting the Polaris Boats division of Bennington, Godfrey, Hurricane and Rinker.
Serve as a cross functional resource responsible for a wide variety of IT tasks within a large manufacturing company. Will provide helpdesk and end user support, maintain proper internal documentation, assist in developing end user training materials, and work closely with Senior IT staff members to gain basic mastery of key company processes. This is a highly visible role that will require effective communication with team members from all levels in the organization. Timely initiation, exceptional customer service, and technical problem solving is needed to perform this job successfully.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Have a basic understanding of all internal company applications used, as well as their purpose and functionality
- Cross train with Senior IT staff members to gain basic mastery of critical processes pertaining to infrastructure, software, and systems
- Ensure helpdesk requests are acknowledged and resolved in a timely manner with a high degree of customer service and technical expertise
- Install and configure software packages on workstations as needed
- Help maintain and expand internal documentation within the IT department
- Develop end user training for applications within the company to help streamline future problem resolution (Office 365, SharePoint, Syteline ERP)
- Become familiarized with the company's web presence and help improve overall maintenance of dealer facing and customer facing websites
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 1-2 Years' experience in an IT role or completion of a 4 year technical degree
- Fundamental understanding of key IT concepts: Virtualization (VMWare), Active Directory, user permissions, and networking
- Technical skillset in troubleshooting complex issues
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with users while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision; must be self-starting
- Experience supporting IT within a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience with Microsoft, database administration, web development, ERP package, Office 365, or SharePoint are a plus
- Certifications are a plus
- Dynamic fast-paced cross functional team environment
About this location
Boat Holdings, LLC, a division of Polaris Industries, designs, engineers, manufactures and markets a full offering of pontoon, deck, cruiser and sport boats. Our industry leading brands - Bennington, Godfrey, Hurricane, and Rinker - are renowned for their quality and innovation.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles.
Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris is an equal opportunity employer.
Community / Marketing Title: IT Generalist (Polaris Boats)
EEO Employer Verbiage: