Market Development Manager
Location: Open, US
Job Number: 2179
Requisition Number: 11537BR
The Business Development Manager is responsible for building and elevating the capabilities of the Polaris Motorcycle dealer network to deliver industry leading customer experience and dealer profitability. The Market Development Manager will partner with existing dealers to drive profitable growth and recruit and onboard new, high performing dealers to fulfill consumer demand in critical markets. Additionally, the Market Development Manager will develop key market plans to maximize opportunities in top markets and ensure implementation of market plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Evaluate current dealership business processes and operations to identify opportunities for improvement and growth
· Utilize data based decision making and analytical skills to provide recommendations based on sales productivity, dealership efficiency and profitability
· Support dealer partners in driving improvement by providing the tools, resources and training support necessary to implement identified changes
· Drive participation in 20 clubs to support and promote opportunities for dealership improvement
· Evaluate key markets for dealer improvement opportunities
· Establish and execute market plans to meet division goals
· Develop and follow through with dealer improvement and action plans
Recruit and Building the Network
· Build and execute recruitment plans for critical markets inclusive of top prospect targets as well as key milestones and timelines
· Be the face of the Polaris MC division to high potential prospects and sell in the Polaris MC business model
· Develop and sell-in prospective dealer plans to division leadership
· Manage the on-boarding process for new dealers inclusive of critical systems, standard operating procedures, sales process and retail readiness
· Create and manage the execution of realistic and achievable dealer action plans
· Bachelor's degree in business, sales, marketing, or related field
· Minimum of 4 years of consultative sales experience required, Small business or Powersports industry experience a plus
· Must possess ability to consult existing businesses as well as recruit new prospects.
· Open to change and ambiguity - ability to identify barriers to success and develop solutions to overcome
· Ability to prioritize deliverables and demonstrate effective time management while managing multiple project plans in order to meet established deadlines
· Strong business acumen and ability to comprehend a P&L statement
· Capable of influencing without authority within independent business environment
· Strong analytical skills and ability to make data based decisions
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
· Extensive travel within large geography covering assigned territory key prospect markets of up to 80%.
· Home office environment with support from corporate
· Some additional travel required to Polaris corporate locations, sales meetings and training seminars
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Market Development Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Open, US