Electrical - Engineering Development Program - EDP 2019
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2195
Requisition Number: 11639BR
Join the Engineering Development Program (EDP) - Powertrain path within one of the most dynamic companies in the power sports industry. Participating in this 2-year program will allow you to have multiple, rotational experiences. Each rotation will last approximately 6 months as we continue to present you with new, challenging assignments. You will have opportunities to expedite your knowledge of the business, develop innovative solutions to real business challenges the company is facing and build a network full of Polaris' top Engineering Leadership.
What to Expect in this Role:
The Polaris Engineering Development Program (EDP) offers a unique opportunity for recent graduate engineers who share our commitment to becoming a global force in the design and production of world-class snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles, motorcycles, electric/hybrid powered vehicles and Polaris engines.
Our unique two-year development program will help you develop essential skills in Polaris Engineering processes that provide a broad-based understanding of the product development cycle, and give you in-depth exposure to our customers and their needs. The program provides the resources, support and environmentto help foster both personal and professional success.
Rotations can take place in a variety of our teams including, but not limited to Small Vehicles, Snowmobiles, ORVs, On-Road vehicles and Engines. Our rotations may also include exposure to International teams and projects. The variety of assignments gives you an introduction to what working at Polaris is all about. These rotations will ultimately help pair your skills with our business needs at the completion of the program.
During this program you will also establish mentor relationships with our leadership team that will continue to grow throughout your career with Polaris.
As an ElectricalEngineering Development Program Associate, you will:
- Expand your skillset through assignments within Design Engineering and a Manufacturing Engineering role for two of your rotations
- Gain experience in Project, Test or Development Engineering depending on interests and business needs
- Challenge yourself where every assignment has a new set of business challenges that require you to have a wide range of experience within a variety of engineering roles from the very foundation of your career
- Work as a team cross-functionally integrate product designs for manufacturability, reliability and serviceability while providing optimal customer centric products for Polaris
- Experience roles where you can design and improve products and processes, reduce costs and improve quality
- Demonstrate your competence on complex cross-functional projects that stretch beyond most new college graduate positions
- Participate in Technical Training courses and projects that will help you to enhance your engineering core competencies
Electrical Engineers are typically placed in Roseau, MN; Wyoming, MN; or Portland, OR
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not solely based on possession of a student visa or visa sponsored by a third-party
- Ability to solve real world engineering problems and apply active process improvement methods
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- You must be willing to travel and relocate between sites for your rotations
- Long-term location mobility for ongoing career advancement
- Previous related internship experience
- Education and/or experience in applying embedded controllers
- Highly developed computer skills using electrical engineering and MS office software
- Fundamental software programming skills
- Basic Analog and digital Circuit analysis and design
- Engineering problem solving approach
- Experience with Mechanical systems and engines
- Basic electric machine and magnetics skills
- Power electronics skills a strong plus
- Test & simulation a strong plus
- Background in control theory
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical - Engineering Development Program - EDP 2019
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US