Finance Intern - FIP Summer 2019
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2226
Requisition Number: 11688BR
As a Finance intern, you will be given impactful assignments with personalized goals and projects that track directly to the needs of the business and allow you to contribute to key company initiatives. Our internships are designed to challenge and prepare you for your full time career. Depending on your placement, you will have opportunity to gain experience in financial analysis, month-end reporting, P&L management, navigating ambiguity, communication, project and time management.
The Polaris Finance Internship Program (FIP) accelerates career development for upcoming college graduates who wish to build a foundation of business knowledge and leadership skills. Through a series of hands-on assignments, you will enhance your skills for future opportunities at Polaris post-graduation, specifically with the opportunity for consideration into our Finance Development Program (FDP).
During this internship you will have the support and resources you need to develop your business and finance skills while establishing relationships with Finance leadership that will continue throughout a potential career with Polaris. You will also be paired with a mentor who is currently in the Finance Development Program.
You will be placed into an assignment, based on interest and business need, in any of the following areas:
- Business Division Planning and Analysis
- Operations / Cost Accounting / Engineering
- Corporate Budgeting and Forecasting
- Corporate Accounting
- Treasury / Audit / Tax
- International Finance
All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity
Interns are typically placed in any of the following locations: Plymouth, MN; Medina, MN. Full Time positions post-graduation can be placed in several other locations depending on business need.
- Internships are paid 12-15 week opportunities during the summer
- Polaris offers both financial housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify (based on mileage)
- Day-to-day transportation is the intern's responsibility
- Summer interns from across the U.S. will attend Polaris' Intern Training in Plymouth, MN as an opportunity to meet with leaders and other interns from across the company
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a passion to learn may be offered an additional internship or a full-time position, depending on graduation date eligibility
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Business with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting
- Must be graduating between December 2019 and May/June 2021 for consideration (Preference is for December 2019 - May/June 2020 graduates)
- Overall 3.0 GPA at minimum
- Right to work that is not solely based on possession of a student visa or visa sponsored by a third-party
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software tools (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Ability to complete a 12-week internship (May/June - August 2019)
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Proven strength in the following: analysis and creative problem solving, communication, interpersonal relationships, self-motivation, and leadership
- The drive to actively contribute to both personal and company-wide goals through creative and innovative thinking
· Previous Internship/Co-op experience with a Finance discipline
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Finance Intern - FIP Summer 2019
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US