Material Flow Technologist
Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 2228
Requisition Number: 11695BR
The material flowengineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the flow of parts within the factory. This includes determining quantity of parts needed at the operation and method of delivery using lean manufacturing principles. The BOM, demand requirements, and engineering and model year changes must be considered. The material flow engineer will own the Plan For Every Part (PFEP) database and must be able to work effectively with other groups such as manufacturing and packaging engineering, purchasing, planning, and operations to ensure accuracy of the part data and execution of part changes.
- Enter/request new PFEP data
- Update PFEP data
- Monitor demand/usage
- Prepare Model Year (MY) changes
Engineering Change Coordination
- Maintain change database
- Run change implementation meeting
- Send out notices for actions
Engineering Change Implementation
- Monitor effective dates
- Recommend effective date changes
- Track/communicate part availability
- Follow ECN disposition
- Determine packaging requirements
- Coordinate with packaging engineering and manufacturing engineeringas needed
- Prepare containers, labels, documents, locations, etc
- Implement part with ME/Process Tech
- Lead CI activities
- Participate on kaizen/lean teams
- Lead new product material team
- Container/kanban card audits
- Container, label, document updates
- Monitor all part replenishment (supermarket, high pick, sequence, kit, etc)
- Implement container updates based on usage
Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong analytical skills required
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint abilities
- Bachelor's degree in related fieldoractively workingtoward completion ofdegree with demonstrated relevant experience in material flow.
- Ability to effectively influence and work in cooperation with cross functional teams
- Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills
- Strong computer skills and ability to quickly learn new software/applications
- Experience working with manufacturing, AS400 and Bills of Materials preferred
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Material Flow Technologist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US