Location: Monterrey, MX
Job Number: 2234
Requisition Number: 11707BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Environmental, Health and Safety regulations and Polaris objectives, policies and procedures.
- Understands and oversees the permitting processes (applicability, licenses, updates to agencies, legal reports).
- Effectively coordinate and execute environmental programs, working closely with the Environmental Corporate Manager.
- Actively promote and coach environmental and sustainability projects.
- Promotes environmental education and culture.
- Coordinates and tracks corporate goals or metrics (incident reductions, energy, water user and waste generation).
- Manage environmental and safety agency visits, inspections and general relations.
- Coordinates implementation of Safety legal requirements and internal programs and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and safety requirements for new projects (expansions, new equipment and processes, new product introductions, contractor overseeing)
- Perform audits and inspections to verify programs implementation.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Health and Safety or related field combined with relevant work experience required.
- Master's degree in Environmental Management or any EHS related strongly preferred.
- English level 80% minimum (written and spoken).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the environmental, health and safety function in a fast-paced, complex manufacturing environment.
- Extensive knowledge of legal environmental and safety Mexican requirements and norms.
- Good knowledge of EHS Management Systems including ISO 14001, OHSAS and related, and certifications like Industria Limpia and Autogestion de Seguridad y Salud en el Trabajo.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Possess strong interpersonal communications skills including the ability to influence others and relationship building.
- Comprehensive risk analysis, root cause definition and problem solving skills.
- Data management and statistics integration.
- Trainer abilities, training material integration and massive communication strategy development.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: EHS Coordinator
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Monterrey, MX