Business Development Specialist
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2318
Requisition Number: 11907BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for meeting sales quotas and metrics from lead generation through closing of new accounts; Identifies & prioritizes prospect pool; creates prospects through lead generation efforts
- Owns their prospect communications; responsible for all correspondence through closing.
- Promotes and pursues financially stable and collaborative partnerships, determines best opportunities for Polaris within markets and makes recommendations to further our business
- Develops, coordinates and conducts presentations to new prospects
- Negotiates contracts with prospective investors to gain partnership agreement, works through transitional stages through the hand-off to operations.
- Actively manages prospect reporting including daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly updates
- Manages all work and contact reporting via CRM tools. Submits progress reports, market findings and recommendations
- Extremely high say / do ratio; ability to work selflessly as part of a high performance team
- Extremely high ethical and safety standards
- Aligns selling story and adjusts prospecting focus to align with program goals as set by leadership
- Bachelor's degree in business related field; Strong organizational & decision making skills
- At least three years' experience in business development; travel, tourism, fleet and network development experience preferred;
- Experience operating in a formal, measured sales environment
- Ability to work autonomously through business demands, travel and remote correspondence
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and interact effectively
- Proficient in developing business cases and presentations to investors or businesses
- Franchise, B2B and business services selling experience a bonus
- Corporate office environment with substantial travel as required, up to 50%
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Business Development Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US