Architect, Business Solution
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2320
Requisition Number: 11902BR
The Business Solution Architect will be accountable for driving application roadmaps and systems designs to meet the needs of the Polaris business. The Business Solution Architect is responsible for ensuring solutions are aligned to the business strategy and operating model, leverage enterprise components where possible, and advance the state of application enablement of Polaris business objectives. This position is responsible for the most complex systems process analysis, design, and simulation. Requires the highest level understanding of Polaris's business systems and industry requirements. Key focus on cross functional process improvement efforts, with an understanding of the technical challenges and solutions as they relate to current and future state business environment. Creates process change by integrating new processes and systems with existing ones and communicating these cross functional changes to impacted business systems teams, delivering end to end capabilities.
Our ideal candidate will be driven to recommend and implement top quality application solutions that enable master data and transactional flows across the organization. This position will require application expertise in new key software packages (JDA) and have the ability to quickly ramp up on existing legacy applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Business Architecture and Application enablement
- Responsible for designing and delivering solutions that are aligned to enable business strategy and requirements
- Partner with key stakeholders and technology partners to evaluate requirements for new supply chain, engineering, and operations platforms and provide overall solution design and technical requirements guidance to the teams
- Provide business architecture and application expertise, guidance and governance for new initiatives, risk management & mitigation, adherence to standards, and optimization of Polaris' investment
- Develop Application Roadmap/Blueprint aligned to support Polaris Long Range Plan (LRP)
- Conducts/leads business process analysis or design/construction phase of the project in close collaboration with our Lean team and functional process owners that leads to writing functional specifications for applications
- Probes with tact and diplomacy to get facts when dealing with sensitive or controversial issues during requirements elicitation process
- Develops solutions to broad based and highly complex problems, which may be political in nature, difficult to define, and require integration of apparently contradictory goals
- Works with project team to ensure smooth and efficient implementation and integration between technical and functional system requirements
- Collaborates with technical delivery teams to translate functional specifications into technical requirements
- Deliverables include process aligned system application diagrams, transaction and master data flows outlining the connectivity between modules and across platforms, application roadmaps, as well as other artifacts to deliver end to end process capabilities
- Minimum Bachelor's degree required , MBA a plus
- 5 + years SCM (Supply Chain Management) experience, ideally in manufacturing industry
- Working knowledge of JDA Manufacturing Planning Solutions preferably in JDA Master Planning, JDA Supply Chain Planner and/or JDA Enterprise Supply Planning, or JDA RedPrairie
- Consulting experience preferred
- Strong domain knowledge to understand how the JDA solutions within the area of focus can be configured and delivered to enable key capabilities
- Knowledge of business processes in SCM, PLM (Product Lifecycle Mgmt), and Item/BOM MDM
- Experienced in implementing planning or ERP solutions from JDA, SAP, Oracle, Steelwedge, Kinaxis. JDA module experience is preferred.
- Experienced in defining solutions across application roadmaps to deliver end to end solutions
- Strong proactive communicator and presenter, able to influence and collaborate at all levels
- Ability to work independently and be effective/proactive in a matrixed environment
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Architect, Business Solution
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US