Applications Process & Systems Manager
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2321
Requisition Number: 11917BR
Engineering Applications Process & Systems Manager
The Process Manager's primary roleis to provide the leadership, strategic planning, direction, and oversight forthe Engineering Applications Team. Historically the focus has been on our 2 keyfoundational systems: Engineering Product Release System (PRS) and Project& Portfolio Management (PPM) System but with the growth of Engineering thegoal is to take a tactical and strategic look across all applications toprovide a roadmap of ideal state and drive execution forward.
This individual will lead a team andpartner with engineering, product management, quality, IS , and supply chain toidentify processes, systems improvements and solidify business requirements forIS teams to execute.
Strategic Process and SystemsLeadership
- Defines strategic roadmap and growth/maturity opportunities. Leads long-range planning for team and function
- Defines and maintains framework for centralized core solutions within the Process Excellence department
- Establishes the toolsets, processes, and practices to ensure maximum ROI is realized on core Product Development investments thru prioritization and Voice of product groups.
- Technical innovation. Provides ideation and solutions based on emerging needs through collecting internal Voice of Customer.
- Effectively manages process and system changes within the broader Engineering organization, including taking responsibility for the efficient implementation and decommissioning of standards and tools
- Participates in the evaluation and analysis of commercial software tools and solutions
- Application alignment and strategy to support our Product Development Process
- Establishes and communicates team goals and objectives. Uses KPIs to monitor performance to goals
- Builds and maintains framework for centralized processes and systems that supports global growth and ensures sustainability
- Provides oversight, support, and direction to project teams. Assists in problem solving; appropriately challenges team to arrive at most efficient solution while achieving high user adoption
- Defines, manages, and monitors financials and budget / forecast
- IS Services (internal and external)
- Software Licensing
- Document Control Center
- Assists with Engineering Processes, Systems & Training
- Establishes effective Governance Boards and Processes across core solutions / w RACI
- Works closely with leadership on high-profile presentations and communications, including Board of Directors and Monthly Operating Reviews
- Fosters collaborative relationship with strategic external partners and internal partners (Supply Chain, Operations, IS)
- Defines and approves software investments, Statements of Work and other contracts for the department. Sources new applications with indirect procurement. Provides program management of portfolio of centralized projects to leverage synergies and ensure strategic alignment
- Develops and maintains functional & support organization structure capable of delivering strategic and growth objectives
- Develops low-cost and scalable staffing strategy for centralized solutions
- Staffs and manages direct and indirect team, including both Polaris and contract professionals
- Process Excellence Applications Team
- Document Control Center (DCC)
- Strategic external partners (UMT, New Vision, etc)
- Highly skilled with communicating and maintaining enjoyable and productive work environment
- Recruits, selects, and attains top talent for the Polaris team
- Performs formal performance management processes for direct reports
- Proven ability to lead change, build strong relationships, and motivate at all levels within the organization and across functions within a matrix organization
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and self-driven individual with ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment across a portfolio of projects
- Willingness and desire to develop with Polaris and to be a strategic thinker for the long-term benefit of the company
- High technical aptitude and comfort level working with computer systems and software
- Excellent project management skills and strong visual mapping skills (e.g. Value Stream Mapping; Process Flows; Relationship Diagrams)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Effective decision-making, problem solving, and customer-service skills
- Ability to embrace a rapidly changing environment
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, MIS, or related field is required
- Minimum 8 years of experience managing projects within one or more of the following functions: Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations, Quality or Supply Chain
- Proven track record of leading large cross-functional teams and achieving process improvement results
- Preferred Lean experience with some of the following: Kaizen events, Value Stream Mapping, Quality Systems Engineering, Value Engineering, Value Analysis, Stage/Gate Process and Product Development Process
- Preferred Experience with Windchill software / PTC products
- Preferred experience in SharePoint
- Preferred experience in Microsoft Project
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Applications Process & Systems Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US