Senior CAE Engineer- Loads Generation
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2328
Requisition Number: 11926BR
Provide insight and technical leadership in the area of Multi Body Dynamics based loads generation and dynamic durability analysis to develop robust vehicle chassis systems and architectures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Loads Generation Analysis; use MBD tools and measured test data (for example wheel force transducers) for the Semi-Analytic calculation of vehicle system and component design load inputs, including duty cycle development and target setting.
- Dynamics and Dynamic Durability Analysis; use MBD tools to predict the complex dynamic response of powersport vehicle systems using MBD tools. Assess durability using FEA based flex bodies in Adams and nCode Design Life.
- Test Data Analysis; Understand chassis design performance through test data analysis.
- Correlation; Examination of test data to drive correlation and CAE model development.
- Technical Leadership and Mentoring; Lead other team members in the areas of dynamics, structures, vibration, and durability. Generate technical / design solutions.
- Methods Development; Implementation of customer focused Polaris specific CAE tools and best practices. Automation and continuous improvement.
- Early Integration; Apply knowledge and tools to the architecture selection and target setting early in design.
- Planning; Use experience to create and track basic CAE manpower plans for vehicle programs.
- Stretch Assignments: Work includes exposure to many vehicles and types of problems, including stretch opportunities outside of core responsibilities. Technology development.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred skills with MBD (Adams), FEA (ANSYS, ANSYS Workbench, HyperMESH, Optistruct), fatigue (nCode DesignLife), and data post-processing tools (Hyperview, Glyphworks).
- 5 years experience with advanced numerical problems, including dynamics, non-linear, modal, dynamic time history, and frequency domain problem sets.
- Experience in systems engineering, DOE, and optimization. Knowledgeable in the design of the chassis systems.
- Durability attribute and advanced fatigue theory knowledge is required, including experience with engine and vehicle validation and durability processes.
- Powersports knowledge and passion to deliver for the customer.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
- Team player, ability to work with several design teams concurrently and across multiple sites.
- B.S. Engineering required, advanced degree preferred.
- Normal office working conditions.
- Some travel required between Polaris sites.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior CAE Engineer- Loads Generation
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US