Senior GIS Software Engineer
Location: Battle Ground, Washington US
Job Number: 2337
Requisition Number: 11950BR
Senior Firmware Engineer
Polaris Industries is hiring experienced embedded software developers at our facility located in Battle Ground, WA, just outside of Portland, OR. We are a passionate and innovative team of experienced developers that design and implement digital solutions for the power sports industry. Our primary development target is embedded Linux on ARM-based SoC's. Project work will include full development from R&D conception/specification to production, with a focus on GIS technologies, mapping, and navigation.
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field and 5+ years' relevant experience, or MS in a related field and 3-years relevant experience.
- Strong C programming and debugging skills (C++ preferred).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with GIS technologies, such as:
- Geospatial databases: SpatiaLite
- Coordinate systems, projections, vector maps
- GDAL, Mapbox GL, OpenStreetMap
- Geocoders/POI search
- Experience implementing Linux applications and daemons, familiarity with embedded Linux a plus.
- Comfort using desktop Linux and open source tools for day-to-day development.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills with minimal supervision.
- Experience developing embedded software … embedded Linux a plus
- Linux kernel and user-space development
- Familiarity with navigation routing engines (ie. valhalla)
- Busses: D-Bus, I2C, SPI, CAN
- D-Bus bindings in C or C++
- Embedded RTOS experience
- Open source project familiarity: Qt 5 / QML, embedded Yocto, BitBake, systemd
- Familiarity with electrical design and troubleshooting a plus.
- Experience working on Agile development teams.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
The new and rapidly growing Polaris site in Battle Ground, WA designs and manufactures innovative digital gauges and infotainment displays for Polaris products, Trail Tech products, and for OEM customers.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Battle Ground
Community / Marketing Title: Senior GIS Software Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Battle Ground, Washington US