Mgr, IS Project Sr.
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2345
Requisition Number: 11969BR
The IS Project Manager position is responsible for managing a portfolio of key initiatives and leading project implementations of solutions for our business. Main responsibilities include balancing project priorities within a portfolio of initiatives, and leading project implementations of solutions, accomplished through the management of project priorities, project plans, resource assignments, and cross-functional user coordination. Overall responsibility for ensuring quality throughout the implementation project lifecycle.
This is an exciting role in a challenging and fast-paced environment that requires business-customer partnership skills, business & technical acumen and the ability to effectively execute projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partnering with Business (30%)
- Scopes and structures initiatives into IS projects. Performs requirements gathering.
- Works with business to provide status updates, open issues and resolutions.
- Effectively interacts with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
Project Leadership and Management (55%)
- Develops project plans and manages project timelines, tasks, resources, and budget.
- Actively participates in solution definition, design, validation, and implementation.
- Resolves/escalates project issues to minimize impact to schedule and/or budget.
- Leads and manage cross functional project team in delivering projects.
- Manages multiple projects concurrently.
- Identifies and executes continuous improvements to process and systems.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
- Provides day-to-day system support to users.
- Prepares and provides project status.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business or related field required.
- 5+ years of project management experience; ability to manage projects across multiple departments and locations, serving a variety of needs.
- Experience supporting Logistics, Purchasing, Materials or Operations IT projects
- Preferred experience supporting Lean initiatives and methodologies
- Strong visual mapping skills (e.g. Value Stream Mapping; Process Flows; Relationship Diagrams).
- Experience with ERP systems (Infor, MS Dynamics, JDA, etc.)
- Highly organized and self-driven individual with ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment across a portfolio of projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Skilled at building and fostering relationships within a matrix organization.
- Experience working with implementing packaging solutions.
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Mgr, IS Project Sr.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US