Business Analyst, PG&A - Motorcycles
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2361
Requisition Number: 11996BR
Key member of the On-Road Category Team with responsibility for providing and continuously improving PG&A revenue and retail/merchandising reporting and analysis to drive category sales and profitability as well as dealer retail growth. Responsible for market, consumer and competitive analysis, sales and commodity trends, and business analysis. Responsible for interpreting data and making recommendations based upon the research findings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute monthly/weekly business insights for category team - commodity reports, sales trends, $/unit, attachment rates, etc.
- Work with Category Manager to identify and analyze PG&A commodities with opportunities to improve performance. Leverage market, competitive, and sales data to develop business case and project manage short and long term improvement plan.
- Provide timely and accurate monthly reporting packages to PG&A Management including in-depth analysis and recommendations to accelerate short and long-term sales growth.
- Utilize external data bases, including Dealer Management Systems to define, gather and analyze dealer retail and inventory data. Make recommendations to Category leadership to drive the transition to a retail driven PG&A sales model.
- Work with PG&A and Marketing to obtain consumer insights at each step of the consumer experience. Analyze these insights and provide input to the category team for Long Range Product Planning, product launches, and category plans.
- Attend industry events to obtain consumer insights.Use these insights to inform analysis.
- Leverage Product Line Management information to recommend product changes/eliminations.
- Identify positive and negative sales trends and drive countermeasure action with the category team.
- Ad hoc analysis & recommendations as requested by PG&A leadership Provide project management expertise as needed.
- Analysis of new markets we plan to enter to help develop the business case, line plans, and set $/unit goals.
- Integration with Design to Value and Price Elasticity projects to determine proper market pricing.
- Provide support to other categories and Category operations as needed.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or finance.
- 3-4 years' experience in business analytics.
- Strong project management and analytical skills. Knowledge and experience with quantitative and qualitative market research tools.
- Cross-functional influencing capabilities, able to work well across and up and down the organization. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation communication abilities.
- Expertise with Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Power BI and Ultrix experience a plus.
- Standard office environment Some travel may be required, up to 10%
- travel may be required, up to 10%
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst, PG&A - Motorcycles
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US