Product Line Sales Specialist, PG&A-ORV
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2372
Requisition Number: 11963BR
JOB SUMMARY: This position requires a highly motivated, strategic sales leader focused on continuously improving sales strategies, planning and execution for Off-Road accessory categories. Key responsibilities include developing and implementing stocking, merchandising and retail strategies for the Polaris dealer network, while maintaining effective on-going communications between our field sales team and the category teams. He/she must have demonstrated the ability to operate effectively in a matrix environment, both supporting and directly interacting with customers. In summary, the Product Line Sales Specialist (PLSS) will be a key player in the development and implementation of the Parts, Garments & Accessories (PG&A) division's go to market sales strategies, planning and execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for strategy development, planning, execution and tracking of Polaris dealer stocking, merchandising and retail programs, including program terms, planograms and retail promotions
- Develop and execute mutually beneficial programs to increase sales and promote customer loyalty
- Communicate and gain support of plans within division and sales leadership while effectively managing each plan to achieve goals
- Lead all sales related aspects of new product launches from planning to execution, including brand and product training with field sales and the Polaris dealer network
- Budget, plan and manage allowances, flooring and promotional budgets
- Division contact for Polaris field sales to resolve dealer issues and consider special requests
- Work closely with the PG&A and applicable business unit's sales and marketing teams to achieve consistent brand and merchandising standards in the retail environment
- Provide "voice of the field" input to support the PG&A division's marketing strategy, product strategy and tactical decision-making
- Create and implement effective Polaris dealer communications
- Collaborate with members of the PG&A and Polaris divisions on the transition to a retail driven PG&A sales model, including the evolution to on-going dealer segment stocking and merchandising
- Track, analyze and report industry and competitive trends to the category teams
- Develop detailed understanding and analysis of business data and metrics to ensure category success
- Lead planning and execution of PG&A initiatives at field sales team meetings (multiple per year)
- Metrics: Revenue, sales $/unit, gross profit, fill rates, inventory turns, dealer segment stocking and merchandising, applicable program spending budgets
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, or Marketing; MBA preferred
- Experience in field sales, program development and/or similar sales-related function
- Dealer network experience preferred
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Highly organized and proficient in use of computer software, including Microsoft Office
- Standard office environment
- Moderate travel for field and customer visits including remote outdoor locations
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Product Line Sales Specialist, PG&A-ORV
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US