Sr. Staff Systems Engineer - Chassis
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2384
Requisition Number: 12034BR
Primary Objective: Bring the performance, cost, and quality of ORV structures to the next level by: developing strong platform plans that complement the long range product plans, demonstrating and planning implementation of new, game-changing technologies and methods, managing key metrics/KPCs of active structures, leading a highly-motivated team of Systems Engineers to continued efficiency improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead the development of platform plans for structures that complement the Long Range Product Plan. RGR, RZR, ATV, Youth
· Augment current light weighting practices to drive class-leading light-weight structures
· Develop design processes to maximize structural efficiencies
· Benchmark current architectures against competitors and similar industries.
· Manage resource plans to ensure proper support is planned and proper support is allocated to active programs
· Motivate and supervise team of Chassis Systems Engineers
· Generate layouts for vehicle concept activities and guide team to appropriate architecture/platform
· Develop technology insertion plans
· Work with other cross-functional leaders to ensure new technologies are being planned for successful roll out
· Develop standard work processes and procedures for structures engineering
· Work with Process Quality personnel to set documentation priorities
· Take responsibility for other duties as assigned
· Deep understanding of structures design and associated analysis and validation activities
· Proven track record of successful execution and continuous improvement
· Analytically strong with ability to organize and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and efficiency
· Interpersonally capable of influencing others regardless of reporting structure
· Decision-making savvy, and capable of efficiently solving problems
Education / Experience
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
· 10+yrs experience in design/leadership of structures in industry applicable to off-road vehicles
· Strong organizational skills and experience influencing other leaders.
· Prefer experience in product development
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity can be located in either Wyoming, MN or Roseau, MN. Wyoming, MN is located less than an hour north of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Enjoy both the peace and quiet of a smaller community and the close convenience of a large city. The facility is located on over 600 acres adjacent to wildlife management land, allowing for private trails to validate our fun products. The Roseau, MN facility is just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor persons dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Staff Systems Engineer - Chassis
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US