Project Engineer - RZR
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2411
Requisition Number: 12078BR
The project engineer is responsible for ensuring that the cost, schedule, and performance goals are met for their assigned program. This includes BOM cost and budget management and tracking, scheduling and executing pre-production vehicle builds, critical reviews, and start of production, and ensuring the vehicles are meeting the performance goals set forth at the beginning of the program. Warranty and field issue resolution is also included in this job role.
- Develops project development schedules including preproduction builds, milestone reviews, and identifies the critical path tasks for the program
- Tracks project and vehicle cost in detail and completes forecasting exercises
- Drives issue resolution amongst the design and systems engineering teams in order to keep their assigned project on schedule
- Supports all design related component styling, purchasing, and manufacturing tasks with emphasis on safety, quality, reliability, delivery, and cost
- Benchmark competitive design/processes/materials and function
- Utilize the Polaris product development process
- Provide direction, coordination, and design trade-offs for designers within the team
- Coordinates development, layout, testing, drafting, and fabrication to ensure project objectives are met per schedule
- Lead and participates in design reviews on projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups
- Analyzes manufacturing and field problems. Recommends and implements solutions.
- Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering required
- 5 years' minimum previous experience in consumer product engineering preferred
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects
- Skilled in multitasking and executing many tasks at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Creative and innovative
- Decisive and prone to action - self starter
- Quality and customer focused
- Pro-E experience preferred, but not required
- Experience with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
U.S. work authorization; no work visa or residency sponsorship available for this job opening
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity can be located in either Wyoming, MN or Roseau, MN. Wyoming, MN is located less than an hour north of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Enjoy both the peace and quiet of a smaller community and the close convenience of a large city. The facility is located on over 600 acres adjacent to wildlife management land, allowing for private trails to validate our fun products. The Roseau, MN facility is just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor persons dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Engineer - RZR
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US