Electrified Powertrain Systems Engineer
Job Number: 2437
Requisition Number: 12136BR
Responsible for leading the electrified powertrain system hardware/software architecture roadmaps that best support Polaris products. Defines system requirements, design guidelines, platforming, component needs and system validation. Responsible for developing processes, tools, documentation, training materials, etc. to support a sustained capability within the organization. Collaborates extensively with the EV Systems Analysis Engineer, controls system engineer, electrified components engineers, powertrain and platform engineering teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defines EV systems architecture roadmaps and family of products to meet Polaris needs while balancing system safety, quality, cost and investment.
- Owns and maintains the overall EV system characterization. Supports technical reviews with suppliers. Represents control interfaces in the system DFMEA and boundary diagrams. Assists functional groups with the creation of DVP&R's based on the system requirements.
- Champions system design strategies amongst the engineering design teams, component engineers and control systems architects.
- Establishes reasonable project development schedules and resource plans from concept to production implementation using the Polaris Development Process
- Performs detailed studies and design of electrified powertrain system and vehicle integration requirements according to the Level 2 Vehicle Specification, with emphasis on safety, reliability, and cost
- Participates in design reviews at the platform level involving electrified system integration.
- Manages multiple electrified system integration and validation projects and provides support to the platform engineering team.
- Interacts with purchasing, testing, manufacturing, and external suppliers as needed for the successful completion of projects
- Creates electrified powertrain system level control system validation plans and reviews the test results
- Provides tooling, NRE, & BOM cost estimates to the Project team for electrified powertrain systems
- Performs design trade-off analysis as required.
- Solicits resource estimates from the Software, Hardware, and Design teams supporting electrified system development and validation.
- Creates and maintains design documentation and training materials
- Schedules appropriate Peer Team Reviews
- Other duties as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & REQUIREMENTS:
Critical Technical Skills
- 4-year degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years work experience in electrified powertrain system development.
- Engineering problem solving approach
- Electrical system design of vehicle or machine control systems
- Experience with mechanical systems and engines (doesn't have to be included in formal education)
- Hands on experience using electrical/software test and analysis equipment
- Product development experience
- Control network (CAN) experience
Desirable Technical Skills
- MS degree in technical field
- Human-machine interface and electrical system experience
- Background in control theory
- Some travel required
- Fast-paced office and lab environment
U.S. work authorization; no work visa or residency sponsorship available for this job opening
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Electrified Powertrain Systems Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage: