Product Investigation Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2449
Requisition Number: 12148BR
Interacts with engineering teams (e.g., ORV, Powertrain), Post Sales Surveillance (PSS), Operations, etc. to identify and investigate conditions that may be related to safety and make recommendations regarding potential field actions. Will also drive appropriate preventative actions to ensure repeat occurrences do not occur.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with PSS team to identify and understand current and emerging trends.
- Review and analysis of Daily Inquiry Updates for early indicators or potential safety related conditions.
- Conduct investigations that may involve leading small cross functional ad hoc investigation teams to determine the scope of potentially affected vehicles, the rate at which the condition is and may occur in the future, root cause and corrective actions.
- Search and analyze field data from corporate databases to support investigative work.
- Complete safety assessments to support recommendations to Polaris' leadership team.
- Develop and present, as necessary, materials needed to support the Polaris escalation process for topics that may be related to quality.
- As needed, participate in and make suggestions regarding safety during the review of current and future products.
- Work with the appropriate group(s) to ensure sufficient preventative actions are implemented to ensure conditions do not occur on future products.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS degree in Engineering required.
- Minimum 5 years engineering and/or product investigation experience (preferably with consumer products).
- Knowledge of vehicles systems or areas such as powertrain, chassis, electrical, crashworthiness, strongly preferred.
- Proven analytical skills, ability to root cause and problem solve.
- Experience with or willingness to learn and apply problem solving and root cause analysis tools.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to critical deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical groups.
Fast-paced office environment
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Product Investigation Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US