Ranger Project Engineer
Location: Open, US
Job Number: 2450
Requisition Number: 12156BR
The project engineer is responsible for ensuring that the cost, schedule, and performance goals are met for their assigned program. This includes BOM cost and budget management and tracking, scheduling and executing pre-production vehicle builds, critical reviews, and start of production, and ensuring the vehicles are meeting the performance goals set forth at the beginning of the program. Warranty and field issue resolution is also included in this job role.
- Develops project development schedules including preproduction builds, milestone reviews, and identifies the critical path tasks for the program
- Tracks project and vehicle cost in detail and completes forecasting exercises
- Drives issue resolution amongst the design and systems engineering teams in order to keep their assigned project on schedule
- Supports all design related component styling, purchasing, and manufacturing tasks with emphasis on safety, quality, reliability, delivery, and cost
- Benchmark competitive design/processes/materials and function
- Utilize the Polaris Product Development Process
- Provide direction, coordination, and design trade-offs for designers within the team
- Coordinates development, layout, testing, drafting, and fabrication to ensure project objectives are met per schedule
- Lead and participates in design reviews on projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups
- Analyzes manufacturing and field problems. Recommends and implements solutions.
- Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments
- BS Engineering Degree required
- 3 or more years of previous experience in consumer product engineering preferred.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Skilled in multitasking and executing many tasks at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Creative and innovative
- Decisive and prone to action - self starter
- Quality and customer focused
- Experience with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Riding experience and/or interest in Recreational Vehicles.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Up to 20% travel is associated with this role.ncere desire to exceed customers' expectations.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Ranger Project Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Open, US