District Retail Manager - Winnipeg
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba CA
Job Number: 2452
Requisition Number: 12162BR
The District Retail Manager, based out of the Winnipeg area, develops and maintains strong dealer relationships to meet and exceed corporate and district sales objectives for retail growth and increasing market share. This role is responsible for working to upgrade the dealer network while projecting a professional image on behalf of Polaris, while successfully influencing and partnering with dealers to ensure consumers' retail needs are met and dealers succeed at retail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Spend time daily in dealerships to strengthen relationships, build influence that drives overall profitability and a positive Polaris brand image Ability to influence and lead dealers' showroom strategy's, including appropriate wholegood unit stocking with accessory integration, fixture/wall displays and Polaris merchandising displays Monitor and drive Polaris branding requirements Work with dealers to maintain proper inventory using stocking profiles through a retail driven perspective Effective communication and partnership with Inside Sales team to ensure inventory profiles are maintained with sufficient stocking orders Consistant KPI review with dealers, including overview of retail trends, incentives, status to goal, instore/online traffic, consumer feedback review, lead management and forward looking retail planning and marketing Assist dealers and corporate with the planning and execution of consumer driven events, both in store and at remote locations Train dealers on digial marketing strategies and best practices Conduct training on sales process and product for dealers Collect dealer feedback on retail and competitive landscape Report issues, opportunities, status, and sentiment of dealer network to Regional Sales Manager Proactive utilization of provided CRM data & other reporting to understand dealers retail environment Accurately forecasts retail trends and develops countermeasures when needed
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
· Bachelor's degree in related field preferred (Business, Marketing)
· 3-5 years field sales and retail sales or dealership experience with proven track record
· 3-5 years sales administration, distribution and customer service experience
· Knowledge of a distribution network strategy
· Must possess highly effective influence and relationship-building skills, excellent at customer service
· Analytical and sales oriented - able to craft a strategic sell-in based on demonstrated dealer profitability
· Proficient in all MS Office software suite
· Flexible, comfortable with ambiguity
· Multi-tasker, can manage competing priorities
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
· Proficiency in computer / software systems
· Entrepreneurial, independent, self-starter
· Powersports Industry Knowledge
· Polaris business and Polaris product knowledge
· An understanding, appreciation and passion for Polaris product
· Dealer management system knowledge
· Experience with CRM system
· Digital marketing expertise
· Remote/home-office work environment, with travel
· Travel required up to 80% for meetings, region travel or customer events
· Some travel to remote locations and corporate functions may be required
· Reports to Regional Sales Manager
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: District Retail Manager - Winnipeg
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Winnipeg, Manitoba CA