Powertrain Emissions Test Technician
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2466
Requisition Number: 12183BR
Powertrain Emissions Test Technician Job Description
Powertrain Emissions Test Technician: Setup and execute tailpipe and evaporative emissions tests on Polaris vehicles for conformance to emissions standards. Run test profiles for various emissions tests in a lab environment. Maintain and calibrate emissions equipment and chassis dynamometers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate chassis dynamometers and emissions measurement equipment
- Conduct emissions testing
- Perform daily equipment calibration including dyno and emissions bench calibrations
- Setup and operate data acquisition and associated software
- Remove and Reinstall parts for emissions testing
- Update powertrain hardware on development vehicles as needed
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of data generated
- Document testing, summarize results and write test reports
- Create, maintain and improve test processes and procedures
- Maintain a well-organized clean work area that meets OSHA requirements
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
- Technical degree related to engines and/or minimum of 3-5 years of experience with high performance small engines
- Experience with exhaust and evaporative emissions testing desired
- Must have motorcycle, ATV and UTV riding capability
- Detail and process oriented
- Experience assembling and disassembling engines and vehicles are required
- Have an excellent understanding of internal combustion engines and fuel injection systems
- Familiarity with dynamometer testing
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, scan tools, dataloggers)
- Ability to diagnose mechanical and electrical systems
· Fast paced laboratory testing environment
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Powertrain Emissions Test Technician
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US