EV Systems Analysis Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2480
Requisition Number: 12203BR
The EV Systems Analysis Engineer will be responsible for developing tools,models and methods for analyzing electrified powertrain system and vehicle performance. Therole will support the technical leads responsible for EV systems hardware andsoftware architecture, as well as subsystem and component leads to ensure theperformance and requirements tradeoffs are fully informed through virtualsystems analysis. The EV SystemsAnalysis Engineer will be responsible for developing and validating analysismodels using representative and accelerated duty cycles to analyze systemenergy, electrical load, thermal performance, structural loads, safety,etc. This will include identifyinganalysis priorities and resource requirements, skills development andorganizational learning.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Development of prioritized roadmap for electrified powertrain virtual analysis including tools, models, and methods and identifying the resources and timeline required to support.
- Analyze the integration of EV components within the electrification powertrain system and perform early tradeoff analysis to determine optimized design parameters, balancing battery pack requirements with system requirements.
4.Make design recommendations andsuggest countermeasures for optimizing vehicle range, energy usage and dutycycle. Suggest proper thermal system balancefor EV specific hardware. Provide input for risk mitigation strategies andrecommend design changes when needed.
- Champion system analyses strategies, methods and results interpretation amongst the engineering design teams, component engineers and control systems architects. Reporting and documentation including interpretation to peers and leadership.
- Contribute to the development of technical specifications and design requirements. Work in a team based peer group environment to drive continuous improvement.
Education & Experience:
- B.S. Engineering required, advanced degree preferred.
- Skills with 1-D system tools, AMESIM, GT-Power and or similar system level tools.
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of automotive energy storage systems
- Strong understanding of multi-disciplinary systems, Mechatronics experience preferred.
- Strong overall knowledge of the vehicle development process, including experimental correlation and product validation. Strong working knowledge of product safety and quality principles.
- Strong problem solving skills, adapting any and all tools for data based decision making.
- Strong, clear communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
- Team player, ability to work with several design teams concurrently and across multiple sites. Communicate across global cross-functional design teams.
- 3-5 years' system design experience, high/low voltage or electrified work experience preferred.
- Normal office working conditions.
- Some travel required between Polaris sites.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: EV Systems Analysis Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US