Electrical Systems Engineer
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2489
Requisition Number: 12211BR
Responsible for performing activities concerned with the design, testing, and manufacturing of electrical/electronic systems and components, from concept to production implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Establishes reasonable project development schedules from concept to production implementation using the Polaris Development Process.
2. Participates in design reviews for engine and chassis systems.
3. Performs detailed studies and design of current vehicle electrical systems, with emphasis on vehicle wire harnesses.
4. Creates electrical drawings and schematics.
5. Interacts with purchasing, testing, manufacturing, and external suppliers as needed for the successful completion of projects.
6. Provides technical expertise in diagnosis of complex electrical questions, designs, or problems.
7. Prepares reports necessary to document system/component designs or results of tests or studies; also prepares minutes of supplier meetings.
8. Analyzes field problems in order to recommend and implement possible solutions.
9. Troubleshoots electrical/electronic systems using standard electrical test equipment such as an oscilloscope, frequency generator, and digital multimeter.
10. Performs other miscellaneous electrical engineering assignments as requested.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. College degree in Electrical Engineering and up to 3 years experience in electrical engineering and computer programming.
2. Hands on experience using electrical test and assembly equipment
3. Automotive or off road vehicle electrical system knowledge preferred but not required
Fast paced work environment
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity can be located in either Wyoming, MN or Roseau, MN. Wyoming, MN is located less than an hour north of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Enjoy both the peace and quiet of a smaller community and the close convenience of a large city. The facility is located on over 600 acres adjacent to wildlife management land, allowing for private trails to validate our fun products. The Roseau, MN facility is just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor persons dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Systems Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US