SR Systems Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2491
Requisition Number: 12219BR
SR Systems Engineer-Slingshot
The Sr. Systems Engineer has responsibility for Mechanical Systems design related activities in support of all Polaris Slingshots. The preferred candidate will have expertise in one or more of the following Mechanical System areas: Chassis, Cooling, Brakes, Steering, Controls/Gages, Hood/Consoles, Driveline, and Suspensions. The individual is responsible for executing design activities of the new system(s) from concept to production, to achieve product objectives within a specified time and cost schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Execute all design related activities associated with delivering a new system in support of all the Polaris Slingshot group requirements.
2. Knowledge and ability to engineer and design mechanical sub-systems and components. Experience with validating these components and sub-systems in the laboratory and field.
3. Capable of determining testing and validation plans for specific components and sub-systems in areas of responsibility.
4. Intimate knowledge of all related component manufacturing processes such as castings, forgings, extrusions, machining, molding, stampings, heat treating, plating, painting, and powder metal.
5. Experienced in the selection of materials, material properties, and processes best suited for the application.
6. Assist in the decision process for the selection of engineering partners for various vehicle systems and components.
7. Experience in creating component and system level specifications based on customer requirements.
8. Work closely with the program teams to define system requirements, to lead them through the engineering tradeoffs associated with various configurations.
9. Support all design related component styling, purchasing, servicing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, weight and cost.
10. Responsible for the preparation and presentation of formal design reviews in support of individual projects.
11. Responsible for all modeling and drafting activities using Pro/Engineer engineering software while ensuring conformance to the ASME 14.5M-1994 standard.
12. High level of knowledge applying Design for Manufacturing and Failure modes and Effects techniques.
13. Able to oversee all analytical substantiation activities in support of structural, thermal, system dynamics, and fluid dynamics.
14. Drive continuous process improvement across the design organization. The goal is to improve product quality while decreasing product development cycle time and cost.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related curriculum.
2. Minimum 6 years related design experience in an O.E. environment.
3. 1,000 hours minimum experience using Pro/Engineer design software.
4. GD&T, FMEA, dimensional stack-ups.
5. Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad practical experience in system design.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Good strategic vision and business knowledge.
8. Demonstrated ability to lead major process change in a way that enhances overall corporate performance.
9. High level of "people skills", able to work in a team environment.
10. Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
11. Experience in conducting rigorous root cause analyses and problem solving.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: SR Systems Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US