Bodywork Systems Engineer
Location: Osceola, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2497
Requisition Number: 12225BR
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Industrial Design to translate sketches into efficient bodywork designs
- Lead the development of bodywork sub-system specifications
- Work with integrated product team to ensure seating locations, operator envelopes, and other Engineering packaging items are complete prior to associated Industrial Design activities
- Work closely with B-side design team to ensure parts meet the aesthetic and functional requirements, while adhering to Polaris drawing standards
- Lead the work with various Engineering functions to analyze designs for performance and safety using FEA where appropriate, FMEA, HARA, other
- Champion bodywork design reviews that are consistent with Polaris Development Process
- Work with Validation Engineers to develop robust and efficient DVPs
- Lead the timely resolution of issues found during testing
- Develop body panel joining method strategies and implement - panel-to-panel and panel-to-structure
- Monitor warranty, field issues, and customer research information related to bodywork. Develop improvement plans and lead execution to implement
- Take responsibility for other duties as assigned
- Experience with the successful development and execution of bodywork projects
- Detailed understanding of bodywork interfaces (joints), hinge and latch design
- Thorough understanding of plastic molding processes and tool design - injection molding, thermoforming, other
- Solid experience in cascading requirements, specification development, and DVP creation
- Proven track record of successful execution and continuous improvement
- Analytically strong with ability to organize and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and efficiency
- Interpersonally capable of influencing others regardless of reporting structure
- Decision-making savvy, and capable of efficiently solving problems
About this location
Osceola, located on the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, is full of small town charm. Located less than 40 miles northeast of the major metropolitan area of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Osceola enjoys a perfect balance of recreation, tourism, business, and industry. It is an attractive place for families to live, work, and do business.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Bodywork Systems Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Osceola, Minnesota US