Designer - Accessories
Location: Osceola, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2508
Requisition Number: 12244BR
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for leading the design process for Off Road Vehicle (ORV) accessory offerings (bumpers, rock sliders, windows, roof, storage, lighting, audio, etc.) from concept to production. Designer will support accessory integration of existing and new ORV products, help execute the ORV product plan, and provide technical solutions to meet the consumer's needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDPONSIBILITIES:
• Supports component design, styling, purchasing, and manufacturing to ensure accessory components are meeting the required specifications.
• Creates and executes complex design, drafting, and layout drawings using Creo.
• Prepares preliminary sketches, layout, and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solutions of engineering problems.
• Ensures designs are meeting the safety, quality, reliability, development schedule, and cost goals set forth by the whole goods and accessory product planning groups.
• Determines the ideal component manufacturing method to ensure overall design, performance, and cost goals are met.
• Collaborate with designers and engineers within and outside the team.
• Performs clearance checks, tolerance stacks, and other analysis to ensure closure systems flawlessly integrate with all of the other components on the vehicle.
• Completes design tasks in the Polaris Release System and ensures their timely release.
• Works closely with vendors for the development of new accessory offerings.
• Analyzes field problems and recommends possible solutions.
• Participates in design reviews on assigned project to ensure adequate input and involvement.
• Assist in the development of design procedures for parts, assemblies, and layouts
• Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE SKILLS &KNOWLEDGE:
• Associates degree in mechanical design.
•3-5 years related design experience.
• Experience with Creo (Pro/Engineer) 3-D CAD modeling package required.
• Experience using PTC Windchill Product Lifecycle Management software preferred.
• Proficient in designing new components from an industrial design rendering or sketch.
• Working Knowledge of GD&T per ANSI/ASME Y14.5
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive.
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
• Self-starter that thrives in a fast paced work environment.
• Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
Osceola, located on the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, is full of small town charm. Located less than 40 miles northeast of the major metropolitan area of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Osceola enjoys a perfect balance of recreation, tourism, business, and industry. It is an attractive place for families to live, work, and do business.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Designer - Accessories
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Osceola, Minnesota US