Systems Engineer – Suspension - Sunburst
Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 2509
Requisition Number: 12245BR
Looking for a self-motivated, hands-on, mechanical engineer to support a cross-functional team in the selection, development, and validation of new suppliers for components within the Polaris Off-Road Vehicles Division. The job includes working closely with the Polaris Purchasing Team to analyze vendor capabilities and capacities, managing the creation of new or improved component specifications, testing and validating the parts, and determining appropriate implementation strategies. You will also work closely with the ORV Systems Engineering Team to develop long-term processes and quality improvements. Position location is Huntsville, AL.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Strategic Sourcing team on identifying opportunities within the ORV Suspension & Brakes Systems.
- Maintain Specifications, DFMEAs, and DVP&Rs for new components as needed
- Work with the Quality Team for root cause analysis activities and document lessons learned
- Participate in key project milestones including Team Meetings, Design Reviews, Gate Reviews, and Safety Reviews
- Gather, analyze, track and report on warranty and other consumer quality information related to system
- Interact and direct resources across multiple engineering sites
- Domestic and international travel may be required (<25>
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or equivalent required
- Experience with suspension, steering, and brakes preferred
- Experience with Creo or other 3D CAD system preferred
- Experience with GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups and engineering standards preferred
- Data acquisition experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners
- Microsoft software including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Engineer – Suspension - Sunburst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US