Sr. Director, Marketing - Transamerican Auto Parts (TAP)
Job Number: 2516
Requisition Number: 12253BR
The Sr. Director, Marketingis an integral player in driving Transamerican Auto Parts (TAP) product and brand dominance within the Jeep and truck industry by providing dynamic leadership to the centralized marketing function, establishing holistic marketing strategies for the organization, cultivating the 4Wheel Parts (4WP) brand and revolutionizing our in-house TAP brands. In addition, the role is responsible for driving collaborative cross-functional work to ensure effective new product introductions and proactive demand creation for products.
Core marketing responsibilities include brand management, budgeting & planning, customer acquisition, customer retention, creative and content development, paid media, new product introductions, social media, experiential events, public relations and retail management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Marketing & Brand Strategy
- Develop effective, efficient strategies and lead team in executing implementation of key plan elements to create consumer demand that achieves volume commitments. Includes media, content, digital, retail events, partnerships, and experiential opportunities that generate consumer engagement and retail sales demand.
- Strengthen and clarify brand portfolio - lead the strategic positioning of the 4WP and in-house TAP brands.
- Define and codify brand standards and ensure the brand architecture, voice and guidelines are applied and activated across the entire business.
- Establish and launch brand health tracking.
- Leverage market data, competitive activity, demographics and lifestyle trends to identify global market opportunities that align with the strategic objectives of the business. Lead voice of customer research to guide business strategy.
- Create and execute new product launch strategies and go-to-market plans. Work cross-functionally with wholesale, retail, category management, engineers and agencies to execute integrated launch plans.
- Develop and implement effective go-to-market and selling tools to maximize store traffic and improve sales closing rates.
- Develop and manage national marketing budget.
- Build flexibility to enable contingency plans for changing market conditions.
- Ensure appropriate mix of working vs. non-working spend and traditional vs. new media.
- Create a high performing Marketing team through leadership, individual/ team development plans, effective performance management, enhanced business analytics, on the job coaching and constantly raising standards.
- Establish an operating model and environment to deliver strong team performance in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Build marketing functional expertise in team members, including partnership across the enterprise to develop skill sets and share best practices within the marketing function.
- Own talent acquisition, training and development.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field. MBA preferred.
- 15+ plus years of functional experience in marketing or product development. Industry experience preferred.
- Dynamic leadership skills and proven ability to lead a large, cross-functional team.
- Strong results orientation; demonstrated ability to take action and drive results. Detail-oriented.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills; demonstrated analytic and information driven experiences.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills. Ability to communicate and persuade a wide range of audiences from senior management, to members of the press and independent customers.
- Demonstrated ability to remain flexible while responding quickly to changing priorities in a matrix structure and fast-paced environment.
- Standard office environment.
- Periodic travel required (i.e. photo shoots, video and print production, shows & events, etc.).
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Director, Marketing - Transamerican Auto Parts (TAP)
EEO Employer Verbiage: