Sr. Director, Wholesale Transamerican Auto Parts (TAP)
Job Number: 2521
Requisition Number: 12272BR
The Sr. Director Wholesale leads TAP's Wholesale channel and B2B sales organization, aggressively driving improved financial performance through effective wholesale channel strategy, organizational leadership, disciplined process and operational execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide overall strategic direction and vision to drive national sales growth and improve profitability.
- Develop long range plans aligned to the broader Company strategy, and consistent with brand and marketing objectives.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing to identify new market opportunities and key customer targets to grow sales and meet overall sales goals across channels.
- Develop a world-class customer experience for each of our major customer segments in the Wholesale business.
- Drive short term performance in a manner that satisfies customer needs, supports business strategy and improved profitability.
- Prepare and present week/month/quarter sales and profitability reports that show current sales activity, projected/forecasted activity, and potential opportunities for sales and profit expansion. · Build flexibility to enable contingency plans for changing market conditions.
- Review and analyze sales performance against programs and plans to determine effectiveness and make changes as necessary to exceed business objectives.
- Define and implement sales processes, system support, analytics and metrics.
- Direct and monitor performance and intervene as appropriate to deliver business objectives.
- Develop a high performing Sales team through exemplary leadership, managing individual and organizational development, effective coaching and performance management.
- Establish an operating model and environment to deliver strong team performance in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Is the consummate team player and team leader, building the concept of team within the Wholesale organization and across the broader TAP organization.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration or related field. MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of B2B sales experience. Industry experience preferred.
- Executive level leadership competencies and proven ability to lead a large, cross-functional team.
- Strong results orientation; demonstrated ability to take aggressive action and drive results.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills. Interacts and communicates effectively across multiple layers and stakeholders, internal and external to the organization.
- Customer focused and ability to develop strong customer relationships.
- Resilient, works well under pressure, and confidently adapts to changes and challenges.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills; demonstrated analytic and information driven experiences.
- Standard office environment.
- Up to 20% travel required.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Director, Wholesale Transamerican Auto Parts (TAP)
EEO Employer Verbiage: