Manufacturing Engineer, Injection Molding
Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 2522
Requisition Number: 12277BR
Key Responsibilities/Areas of Accountability:
- Process optimization using scientific molding principles.
- BOM and Routing development and maintenance.
- Develops and updates process documentation and procedure instructions.
- Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up and work station layout.
- Anticipates cost avoidance opportunities and implements cost reduction opportunities.
- Hands-on process/tooling troubleshooting.
- Maintain AutoCAD layout of Injection Mold Department.
- Lead continuous improvement activities and productivity covering all process areas-cycle times, scrap, downtime, machine/tools and energy.
- Stabilize and optimize molding area performance and reduce mold change over time.
- Train and coach injection mold technicians and operators on the latest problem solving, set-up and processing techniques.
- Analyze process failures for root cause and recommend corrective actions.
- Process purchase requisitions and records as required.
- Reviews and evaluates cost pertaining to make vs. buy decisions and new product development.
- Recommend and justify capital equipment based on capacity analysis.
- Procure trim tooling fixtures and program robotic router.
- Work with design engineering on new project start-ups with a transition into production.
- Own the Mattec production management system / program and the Auto-RM process.
- Performing the above-mentioned functions with minimum supervision.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervision or management.
- Possesses leadership abilities and advanced strategic planning skills.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in MS Office.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving and process mapping abilities.
- Has strong project management, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to collaborate with operations and maintenance teams in the plant.
- Takes pride in the quality of their work; has an eye for detail; maintains neat and orderly area.
- B.S. in Engineering
- 3-5 years Injection Mold experience
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer, Injection Molding
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US