Job Number: 2530
Requisition Number: 12290BR
The Controller is part of the site leadership team and serves as a business partner with the operations & financial management team. The Position holds the responsibility to effectively communicate plant manufacturing results and ensure compliance with company polices and GAAP. The Controller is responsible for the financial integrity of the plant including general accounting functions, reconciliations, management financial reporting, month- end & year- end processing.The Controller will assure successful and timely completion of plant financial records, management reporting, and budget & forecast processing. The controller will be hands on, design, develop, and coordinate profitability analysis, process improvements, and other business analysis. The position will lead plant finance integration activities and work closely with our corporate financial and accounting teams. Strengths in problem solving, flexibility and teamwork are critical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Oversees and leads all accounting functions within plant including but not limited to integration, payroll, inventory accounting, labor reporting, business analysis and financial reporting
- Work closely with plant Leadership, understanding the various aspects of the operation and the impact change has on financial performance. Drive continual accountability and improvements throughout the plant.
- Clearly communicate financial metrics to leadership within the plant and Global Operations organization
- Participate in the development and reporting of the plants strategic plans
- Compile monthly reporting and analytics of actual results, forecasts, annual plans
- Prepare budget, forecast, and interim projections for the plant location.
- Develops tools to aide Operations team in decision making and forward looking analysis
- Preparation, review and approval of all capital project activity in the location. ROI and IRR analysis as appropriate
- Responsible for accounting oversight, including balance sheet, variance and expense reconciliations
- Responsible for on-going review and audit of plant financial systems and activities to ensure compliance with company policies and GAAP.
- Ensures accuracy of cycle counting reported results. Investigate and analyze variances
- Coordinate documentation and review of processes for Sarbanes/Oxley section 404 requirements.
- Provide leadership and support to finance team; provide a positive working environment. Establish clear goals that provide a challenge for the employees.
- Works with a sense of urgency and ensures timeliness of all reporting
- Performs/coordinates miscellaneous projects as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance is required.
- A high level of knowledge of PC applications and mainframe systems is required. MAPICS experience a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience in finance/accounting is required, cost accounting experience in a manufacturing / Engineering environment preferred
- Experience working in a manufacturing plant environment required.
- Dynamic fast-paced cross functional team environment
- Minimal travel required (2-3 trips per year)
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Plant Controller
EEO Employer Verbiage: