Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2536
Requisition Number: 12295BR
Responsible for leading the development, technological direction, and integration plan and requirements for Electromechanical systems in ORV technology projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop functional prototypes of electromechanical systems to demonstrate potential technology applications.
- Translate functional concepts to system and component level requirements and specifications that are required to productionize the technology.
- Provide a technology roadmap for electromechanical hardware/software systems required to achieve product plan and improve overall consumer experience.
- Lead benchmarking activity around electromechanical systems and technology inside and outside of ORV.
- Provide recommendations to product management on integration strategy, cost, and timing to support Long Range Product Planning
- Organize and facilitate meetings (point contact) to coordinate activities between Electrical, Powertrain/transmission, Chassis, and central teams as it relates to developing ORV technology
- Other Duties as required
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or closely related curriculum required.
- Understanding and experience with electromechanical components including controllers, circuits, solenoids, electric motors, etc.
- Understanding and experience with software development, rapid controls prototyping, and the calibration thereof.
- Understanding and knowledge of electromechanical related component manufacturing processes.
- Independent, creative, and comprehensive approach to solving system-level problems.
- Fundamental understanding of physics and first principles.
- Familiar with vehicle dynamics, engine systems, transmission systems, and distributed controls
- Familiarity with CAN bus operation and the SAE J1939 standards
- Experience using Matlab / Simulink and model-based engineering tools
- Experience with Hazard and Risk Assessment and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis preferred.
- Experience with system specifications and general understanding of consumer requirements preferred.
- Pro-E and PRS experience preferred.
- 5 years minimum related experience in an O.E. Environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
About this location
This opportunity can be located in either Wyoming, MN or Roseau, MN. Wyoming, MN is located less than an hour north of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Enjoy both the peace and quiet of a smaller community and the close convenience of a large city. The facility is located on over 600 acres adjacent to wildlife management land, allowing for private trails to validate our fun products. The Roseau, MN facility is just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor persons dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: ElectroMechanical Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US