Job Number: 2540
Requisition Number: 12308BR
Responsible for leading the electrical design process of Off-Road related components and systems from concept to production in order to achieve the product objectives within a specified time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes a reasonable project development schedule from concept to production implementation in line with overall business requirements.
- Supports all design related component styling, purchasing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, and cost.
- Determines ideal electrical component placement and manufacturing route to ensure overall design, performance, and cost conformance.
- Determines nature and type of electronic models, detail drawings, and analysis required to support the above and supervises their release through the release cycle.
- Prepares preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solution of engineering problems.
- Participates in design reviews on projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all interested groups.
- Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 5 years minimum related design experience
- Associates degree in mechanical design.
- Required - extensive experience with Pro-Engineer (Creo 2.0 or 3.0)
- Desired - extensive experience with Pro/Cabling
- Desired - extensive experience with Routed System Designer (RSD) & Creo Schematics 2.0 or 3.0
- Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad practical experience in design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead major process change in a way that enhances overall corporate performance.
- High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Direct and coordinate contract design team.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Fast paced office environment
- Travel as needed (less than 10%)
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Designer
EEO Employer Verbiage: