Sales & Distribution Manager
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2548
Requisition Number: 12342BR
This position leads the sales team execution. It is responsible for achieving the business unit's growth, volume and distribution build out targets. The position will focus on selectively and methodically expanding the Polaris Adventures network with high quality adventure outfitter partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leadership integration with the rest of the Polaris Adventures team (Operations, Marketing, Finance, Risk)
- Sales team management, motivation, quality and goals achievement
- Continue to empower and support the Market Analyst in the development of the distribution strategy, vertical markets, and annual prospecting calendar
- Track and achieve annual volume, distribution point and profitability targets directly and via direct reports
- Develop the sales strategy to align with the goals set by the VP / GM and Senior Business Analyst
- Continuously improve the quarterly programs and sales tools available to the team
- Manage sales pipeline process and utilize platforms / technology to deliver metrics and visibility
- Maintain weekly leadership of leads, prospects, sales activity, account generation and goals achievement
- Travel for direct achievement of goals and with direct reports for significant prospecting and account development as a ‘player / coach
Distribution Network Growth
- Proven ability and knowledge in adding network distribution
- Proven ability to manage the mix of network point additions via geography, product lines, etc.
- Ability to balance network growth via existing locations, new entrants and add-on businesses
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in related field required (Business, Marketing); MBA preferred
- 5+ years field sales and franchise / business services sales experience with proven track record of success
- 3+ years previous experience in a Sales management role, including supervision of remote staff
- Demonstrated experience in growing / adding high quality distribution
- Recognized leader within sales and consistent high performer
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and motivate teams
- A demonstrated understanding, appreciation and passion for experience businesses
- Experience with budget management, forecasting sales and expenses
- Proficient in all MS Office software suite
- Corporate office environment with 25-50% travel, depending on seasonality
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sales & Distribution Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US