Engineer, Manufacturing Weld
Location: Monterrey, MX
Job Number: 2552
Requisition Number: 12347BR
1.- Lead a multidisciplinary team for new product introduction, by using PDP process (or APQP), generate timing of launching, define tooling and process need it, place PO's to vendors, review and validate tooling designs. Lead pilot runs, make tooling and process adjustments as need it to comply with customer requirements. Prepare lay-out, capacity analysis, FMEA's, all process documents related and training.
2. Establishes and implements the most cost efficient production methods across a 3 shift operation. Plans and coordinates the activities necessary to produce specified products within safety, quality and cost standards. Also ensures schedule compliance. Operation utilizes GMAW, 48 Robot arms & 125 manual stations with primarily pulse Lincoln welders
3.Directs / guides robot programmers & editors across 3 shift operation. Develop and implement new manual and automated welding processes with ability to recommend and specify equipment details. Qualify and develop new welding specifications.
4. Develops and updates process documentation and procedure instructions. Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up and work station layout.
5. Defines tooling and fixtures used in the manufacturing process. Coordinates with tool designers to specify or procure new tooling and fixtures.
6. Assists in development and troubleshooting of manufacturing and process equipment. Reviews preliminary designs, makes recommendations to reduce costs and improve manufacturing and quality on new or existing parts.
7. Develops detailed, complete and accurate capital equipment studies and makes appropriate recommendations for capital expenditures.
8. Metal Knowledge Required QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Engineer, Manufacturing Weld
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Monterrey, MX