Senior Electrical Systems Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2555
Requisition Number: 12357BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and Maintain Electrical Systems Engineering templates and processes for vehicle development at Polaris including System Interface Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, FMEA, Electrical Requirements Documentation, Functional Safety
- Participates in Electrical System Design Reviews and provides subject matter expert input to vehicle teams
- Maintains electrical system architecture reference library for all vehicle types at Polaris
- Trains other electrical engineers in Electrical Systems Engineering as related to Polaris vehicle development
- Evaluates new architectures, architecture changes, electrical systems engineering processes in adjacent industries and reports to Electrical Systems Engineering steering team
- Develop and maintains requirements documentation methods and tools
- Provides link between vehicle Electrical Systems Engineers and Electrical Control Module Lead
- Provides guidance to the Electrical Control Module Leads relative to control system interactions
Critical Technical Skills
- 4 year degree in Electrical Engineering / or equivalent and a minimum of 8 years work experience in an electrical engineering, control systems, or electrical systems engineering.
- Electrical system design of vehicle or machine control systems
- Engineering problem solving approach
- Hands on experience using electrical/software test and analysis equipment
- Product development experience
- Control network (CAN) experience
- U.S. work authorization; no work visa or residency sponsorship available for this job opening
- Some travel required (not to exceed 10%) to support vehicle builds, testing, and interface with suppliers
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Electrical Systems Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US