Staff Engineer - Vehicle Interiors, Ergonomics and Body Components
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2577
Requisition Number: 12428BR
- Engineering position with growth potential for high-achieving, highly motivated individual. The Vehicle Architecture team is developing the next generation of Polaris ORV's and new concepts and innovation ideas.
- Establishment of all specifications and KPC's for the vehicle: interior/occupant package targets (including driver accommodation, roominess, exterior visibility, ease of ingress & egress, interior stowage and cargo space), and overall vehicle mechanical package targets (including exterior dimensions, wheel and tire sizing and clearances, suspension, driveline integration and definition, ground clearance)
- Develop and communication the technology plan for the vehicle platform and sub systems technology insertion plan.
- Communication of targets by developing and cascading 3D CAD zones, and working with the ID and component engineers as the vehicle design progresses to ensure targets are met. Applies System Engineering discipline to develop system and subsystem targets.
- Lead technical resolution of cross functional issues in the early phase to ensure the correct balance of customer requirements and business needs. Ensures design integration and geometric compatibility with mechanical and occupant package objectives
- Identification of vehicle package target and geometric compatibility issues, and development of solution alternatives considering trade-offs (quality, function, weight, cost, assembly feasibility, etc.)
- Analysis of customer satisfaction and quality data for internal and competitive products. Takes a proactive, leadership role by acting as a customer advocate and technical ‘referee' for cross functional attribute, design and vehicle packaging efforts
- Benchmarking of competitive vehicles
- Performs and/or coordinates packaging trade studies to meet or define vehicle integration requirements
- Interacts effectively across the organization: program management, customers, component engineering, design, manufacturing, and senior management.
Skills, Knowledge & Education:
- BS or MS in engineering
- Passion for engineering and product excellence
- Proven ability to progress mechanical design solutions for complex systems
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of all phases of Product Development
- Overall vehicle, attribute, and functional hardware knowledge
- Testing and/or Drive Evaluation experience
- Manufacturing and assembly plant experience
About this location
This opportunity can be located in either Wyoming, MN or Roseau, MN. Wyoming, MN is located less than an hour north of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Enjoy both the peace and quiet of a smaller community and the close convenience of a large city. The facility is located on over 600 acres adjacent to wildlife management land, allowing for private trails to validate our fun products. The Roseau, MN facility is just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor persons dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Engineer - Vehicle Interiors, Ergonomics and Body Components
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US