Sr. Systems Engineer – Driveline Integration:
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2600
Requisition Number: 12462BR
Sr. Systems Engineer - DrivelineIntegration:
Design, develop and validate new and existing ORV Drivelinesystems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop industry leading ORVDriveline Systems.
- Support creation and maintenance of driveline integration design guidelines and validation plans and communicate to the project and validation teams.
- Work with system engineers to develop support definition of project goals and detailed system specifications.
- Organize and conduct design reviews to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups.
- Ability to ride ATVs and SxSs for the purpose of field development and performance evaluation.
- Benchmark competitive designs.
- Analyze manufacturing and field problems and recommend and implement solutions.
- Design and develop system to meet vehicle level targets
- Other duties as required.
Education, Skills & Knowledge
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or closely related curriculum required.
- 5-7+ years Design and development experience required.
- Understanding and experience with driveline components such as transmissions,right angle drives, propshafts and half shafts preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of driveline related component manufacturing processes including casting, forging, machining,complex plastic component molding (Blow molding, Injection Molding) and rubber hose / ducting (Injection molding, Mandrel molding)preferred.
- Extensive experience and proficiency with Pro-E andcomplex component design utilizing advanced surfacing.
- Understandingand/orexperience using FEA / CFDsoftware and data post processing for systems optimization preferred.
- Experience with GD&T, dimensional stack-ups and FMEA.
- Experience with detailed system specifications development.
- Understanding of bolted joint design.
- Experience designing parts to strength and weight targets.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Lab testing and data acquisition experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive
- Strong people skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Fast paced office environment with sense of urgency to deliver forward thinking, product preceding designs and technologies
- Frequent exposure to, and participation in, field and shop fabrication, testing, and development work across the ORV Product line
- Travel as needed (approx. up to 10%) for product research, development, and consumer facing opportunities
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Systems Engineer – Driveline Integration:
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US