Sr. Engineer or Staff Engineer
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2601
Requisition Number: 12352BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Focuses on the technical integration of common-platform controllers and components to ORV-specific platforms for complex systems such as Ride Command, Power Steering, Vehicle Control Modules, and other common components and controllers.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance on interfacing circuits between components and controllers, including understanding how internal circuits in controllers effect overall system performance and operation.
- Provides technical clarity to components engineers on system-level requirements that drive input and output circuit requirements of components in order to ensure proper functionality upon implementation.
- Creates vehicle-level system integration requirements and prepares documentation and requirements that can be distributed and clearly communicated to cross-functional teams developing cross-platform components.
- Provides templates and assists in performing HARA and DFMEA at the system level for integrated components.
- Establishes reasonable project development schedules and resource plans from concept stage to production implementation using the Polaris Development Process. Helps to define new guidelines, metrics, and risk assessments associated with the Electrical System Integration of platform components throughout a vehicle technical program.
- Focuses on platforming common components and strategies which reduce the number of variants in both hardware and software across the ORV portfolio of electrical systems.
- Interacts with internal lead systems engineers, controller lead engineers, and other peripheral support teams such as purchasing, testing, manufacturing, and external suppliers as needed for the successful completion of projects
- Analyzes field problems in order to recommend and implement solutions
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. in Electrical/Mechanical/Computer/Systems Engineering or closely related curriculum required
- Understanding and experience with circuit design, system-level design, component specifications, and requirements management
- Experience developing, testing, or implementing infotainment systems and corresponding system-level design and implementation
- Familiarity with CAN bus operation and the SAE J1939 standards
- Experience using tools to perform Electrical System analysis (SPICE, Matlab, others)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action.
- Quality and customer focused Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners
- Some travel required to support vehicle builds and interface with suppliers (US and International)
- Fast-paced office and lab environment
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity can be located in either Wyoming, MN or Roseau, MN. Wyoming, MN is located less than an hour north of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Enjoy both the peace and quiet of a smaller community and the close convenience of a large city. The facility is located on over 600 acres adjacent to wildlife management land, allowing for private trails to validate our fun products. The Roseau, MN facility is just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor persons dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Engineer or Staff Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US