Sr. Financial Analyst
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2604
Requisition Number: 12470BR
The Operations SFA is a crucial member of the Global Operations FP&A Team. You will support the highly visible Corporate Value Improvement Process (VIP) and other Global Operations strategic finance initiatives, along with supporting Operations FP&A consolidations and reporting. This is an important role within the Operations Finance organization that requires a self-starter with the ability to partner with multiple levels of the Operations and Finance leadership team to clearly understand Operations financial performance and drive continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support for Corporate VIP program to help expand the initiative throughout the organization and drive continuous improvement results.
- Maintain the corporate VIP system tool in SharePoint to support existing processes and work with finance to validate the financial integrity of VIP projects.
- Work cross functionally to identify and implement opportunities to improve VIP processes and reporting.
- Drive continuous improvement through the Operations Finance organization through sharing of best practices, standardizing processes and problem solving
- Support Global Operations FP&A by assisting in preparation of monthly / quarterly corporate level financial deliverables (e.g., Board of Directors materials, Monthly Operating Reviews, etc.)
- Support FP&A team to facilitate adherence to corporate submission and deliverable deadlines
- Support Global Operations team as needed with ad hoc business models and analysis
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis for projects as assigned, including but not limited to, NPV and Payback calculations on investments, and cost leverage opportunities
- Participate / lead operations finance projects as requested by Global Operations Finance Leadership team
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or related field. MBA preferred
- Prior experience in FP&A, Financial Reporting or Decision Support finance preferred
- 5+ years of experience in finance/accounting required
- Strong ability to work with business leaders to deliver results, including the ability to persuade
- Ability to analyze complex and voluminous data and translate it into actionable information and plans
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships in a matrix environment with multiple customers and evaluators
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with an eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and simplify both finance and operational messages with attention to detail and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, multi-task, and manage multiple priorities
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint experience required
- Hyperion experience preferred
- Dynamic fast-paced cross functional team environment
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Financial Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US