Sr. Product Specialist (ORV)
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2605
Requisition Number: 12478BR
TheSenior Product Specialist forOff Road Vehicles is responsible for assisting the functions of Product Planning, Product Management and Product Lifecycle Management for ATV, Youth, Hammerhead & Ride Command under the direction of the Product Director. The Senior Product Specialist will assist and coordinate in the development of market penetration objectives; product design, development and cost; product quality; market research; marketing support; plus, launch plans to ensure the commercial success of all new products, all guided by the "Voice of The Customer". A key member of the division's Product Team that works together to continue to build the ORV business for Polaris.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the development, advancement and maintenance of the Long Range Product Plan (LRPP) for the assigned product portfolio.
- Assist in the development of market and product definition for new product program reviews, including consumer needs and inputs, market trends, competitive data/intel, business case inputs, volume projections.
- Responsible for at least one major program (Level 2 or 3) within assigned product portfolio.
- Responsible for carryover planned changed programs (Level 1) with focus on customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and cost improvement each year.
- Lead model sheet planning, documentation, and communication so that accurate BOM's can be created for assigned products.
- Lead specification sheet documentation and communication so that accurate descriptions of products can be presented to dealers, consumers and regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate plans for Ride Command technology across all segments.
- Serve as key interface for Marketing inputs. Review brochures, web info, press kit information for accuracy.
- Develop and maintain key competitive segment analysis & summaries - specs, capabilities, timing, pricing. Assist with competitive war-gaming exercises to anticipate future market conditions and changing product needs.
- Lead and coordinate graphics reviews, including definition, planning, scheduling and documentation
- Study consumer behaviors that impact buying decisions for off-road vehicles and related products. Coordinate market research as appropriate. Also track and monitor customer satisfaction data & trends.
- Recommend changes, improvements, or deletions in current products.
- Coordinate plans for new accessories that support the target customer and enhance the product ownership and lifestyle experience with the PG&A division.
- Evaluate and determine global sourcing and build decisions
- Fulfill the youth brand promise to start a lifetime or Polaris ownership through industry leading technology
- Represent division and company at various industry events including dealer/DSM meetings, trade association meetings, and promotional events.
- Coach and mentor intern(s) and/or SMLDP(s) assigned to product portfolio.
- Responsible for other duties and projects as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent required. MBA a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience minimum of relevant sales and marketing or product development experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation skills. Ability to present to and persuade a wide range of audiences from Polaris Senior Management, to members of the press to dealers (sell the viability of commercial programs).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Team Player that is able to work well across and up and down the organization.
- Strong customer focus. Knowledge of quantitative & qualitative market research tools and techniques a plus.
- Must be able to use product competently. Extensive knowledge of off-road vehicles and other powersports and/or automotive products a plus.
- Standard office environment. Regular trips to Polaris engineering and manufacturing facilities.
- Some travel 15-30% will be required primarily throughout US & Canada
- 10% international travel to Asia (Aeon/Hammerhead)
- 50% travel between our Plymouth, MN officeand Wyoming, MN officewill be required on a regular basis
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Product Specialist (ORV)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US