Location: Monticello, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2615
Requisition Number: 12495BR
The Materials Manager is a strategic business partner to the Plant Director of the Polaris WSI manufacturing facility. This role is responsible for the overall control & movement of materials in an out of the plant. The Materials Manager will also be responsible for inventory and receiving control processes and procedures, traffic and shipping, warehousing, and planner organizations.
• Ensure a safe work environment in all material handling and warehouse operations.
• Provide leadership and direction to materials/planning organization.
• Ensure adherence to inventory compliance, receiving, and shipping policies and procedures.
• Work with other Polaris sites to develop consistent policies and procedures.
• Continually improve performance and service to manufacturing and attain Corporate and Plant goals.
• Support flexible manufacturing methods.
•Supply the vision and guidance to implement pull systems throughout manufacturing and with our supplier base.
• Develop methods and policies that contribute to the most efficient, safe and economical movement of materials throughout manufacturing.
• Evaluate manufacturing planning software and recommend improvements.
• Plan and organize material handling/warehouse/shipping functions to best utilize resources. Assess training needs and drive for continuous skill improvement in the department.
• Participate in the management of the Central Planning Group in conjunction with the Materials Managers from the other sites.
• Participate in preparation of annual forecasts and establish future pre-production plans.
• Collaborate with Purchasing to continually improve supply chain management.
• Establish and manage departmental budget and assist in the development of long range plant goals and objectives.
• Develop and report on inventory budget and turns.
• Participates on new product development programs to onboard new suppliers and release new materials.
• Develop and present monthly metrics.
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
Polaris WSI makes high tolerance parts for ATV's, motorcycles, aerospace and the fracking and oilfield equipment energy industries. Our CNC machines are the newest and high-tech machines on the market: Makino A51nx, Makino A61nx, Okuma Multus, Okuma MA600, Makino A92. We also have the latest in lathe technology.
110,000 Square Feet, Climate Controlled Facility, Built for Machining.
60+ CNC Machining Centers.
Located in the city of Monticello. Monticello is a city in located next to the Mississippi River in Wright County, Minnesota, United States. Monticello is a vibrant small city tucked up against the Mississippi River and conveniently located between St. Cloud and the Twin Cities.
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, status with regard to public assistance, or other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Materials Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Monticello, Minnesota US