Sr. Financial Analyst
Location: Spirit Lake, Iowa US
Job Number: 2619
Requisition Number: 12505BR
This position will take an active role in all aspects of plant Finance. This role will work closely with the finance team to ensure timely and accurate reporting; as well as, partner with the operations business to analyze data to support business decisions and develop financial analytics.
SFA Spirit Lake
The Senior Financial Analyst will learn all aspects of a manufacturing site. They will also have a chance to model and build projection tools, design presentations, be a business partner, and enhance communication skills. Interested applicants should have a drive for continuous improvement and passion to understand complex systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Owns monthly close process, reconciliation, variance analysis and journal entries for location including but not limited to Balance sheet (inventory accounting), Absorption analysis, and plant P&L reporting.
- Accountable for Monthly Operating Reviews and Value Improvement Process tracking
- Compiles current and past trends using key performance indicators including all areas of inventory, expenses and capital expenditures
- Provides timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of plants performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan
- Develop efficient methods for extracting and analyzing data. Maintains and develops various financial models for research, resolution, and decision making often with ambiguous guidelines
- Prepares, reviews and distributes monthly financial reports to both business and financial partners
- Assists in Quarterly forecasting, Annual Operating planning, and Long range strategic planning across the site including development of financial models
- Key member in working with functional team members to identify problem areas and provide input to resolve issues as appropriate.
- Provide on-going financial support including preparation of presentations for the Polaris leadership team.
- Become a business partner within the Manufacturing/Operations teams.
- Collaborate with analysts at other sites to share best practices, problem solve, and align on accounting practices
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis for projects as assigned, including but not limited to, NPV and Payback calculations on investments, labor efficiency performance, cost leverage opportunities
- Proactively work with operations team in identifying problem areas and providing inputs to resolve issues as appropriate
- Maintain, develop and adhere to accounting and financial controls. Coordinate the accuracy of data
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 4 - 6 years of experience in Accounting/Finance required
- Experience in FP&A, cost accounting, or Manufacturing / Operations finance preferred
- Strong analytical and communication skills, detail and deadline orientated
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities. Be Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Extensive experience in various (Excel, PowerPoint, Access) Microsoft tools required. Hyperion, MAPICS, and other query tool experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success developing tools to improve financial analysis and financial system added value to the functional group
- Successful candidate will have excellent communication and leadership skills with previous experience working with senior management on a routine basis.
- Proven experience working with and influencing cross functional teams
About this location
Spirit Lake, Iowa, population of 4,907 people, is one of the most beautiful and dynamic cities in the Midwest. It is located in the center of the Iowa Great Lakes. Spirit Lake is a full-service city offering a wide variety of recreation, employment and social opportunities to citizens and visitors. Spirit Lake has a vibrant downtown with a variety of retail businesses and an industrial park that provides current employers and potential companies with attractive amenities. Spirit Lake is a great place to raise a family. We have excellent schools and many opportunities for involvement in religious activities, scouting, dance, and art. Children are safe here and can enjoy the quality of life that we all want them to have. Spirit Lake is a rapidly developing city, boasting one of the fastest growing economies in Northwest Iowa.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Spirit Lake
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Financial Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Spirit Lake, Iowa US