Platform Manager-International Motorcycles
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2621
Requisition Number: 12506BR
Platform Manager - International Motorcycle
Overall management for International Motorcycle platforms, Vortex Platform. Responsible for global management of the motorcycle platform, variants, and platform life cycle. Oversees the design and development process for the projects for a given motorcycle platform. Key interface person for product management and business unit. Coordinates with the team to develop product design, program costs and schedule, product quality, market research, sourcing and manufacturing plan(s) guided by the "Voice of the Customer".
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes and manages the platform Long Range Product Plan (LRPP) to meet product group application requirements with minimum investment and maximum component commonality.
- Plans, conducts and manages overall projects for given motorcycle platforms. Reviews progress and evaluates results relative to quality, timing and costs.
- Analyzes global market data, competitive activity, and demographic trends to identify market opportunities that align with the business strategic objectives.
- Tracks technology development trends, industrial design trends and competitive product development trends to help identify and anticipate future opportunities and competitive threats.
- Report out to product groups, management teams, and Polaris' senior management to keep them abreast of these trends and their implications. Through project status and PDP.
- Develops, maintains & manages the motorcycle platform strategies and aligns to division's product strategy and manufacturing and sourcing strategy.
- Key member of PDC team
- Coordinates volume forecasts with purchasing and manufacturing for adequate planning cycles.
- Responsible for staff development and transfer of knowledge to team.
- Recommends changes, improvements, or deletions in current products.
- Interfaces with Service & Warranty team as needed to ensure adequate in-field product support for dealers and customers.
- Champion and utilizes the Polaris product development process and project management best practices
- Develop and manage all planned changes and cost enhancements opportunities for applicable motorcycle platforms
- Establishes and responsible for platform project costs, part costs and tool costs and monitors the costs throughout the project.
- Coordinates and oversees platform development, testing, design, and validation efforts to ensure project objectives are met per schedule and budget
- Participates and can sign off design reviews to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups.
- Signs off at Gate reviews when applicable, major milestones and project status meetings.
- Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
- Participate in customer focus groups and VOC development.
- Resolve and Implement corrective action on field issues and warranty.
- Support product introductions to press, dealers, and consumers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- International Travel Required: 25% - 50%
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- B.S. in Engineering required, MBA preferred.
- 6+ years previous experience in consumer product engineering, and or project management preferred.
- Solid understanding of the design, function and interfaces of platform development and motorcycles.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects.
- Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Excellent presentation skills, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Team Player that is able to work well across and up and down the organization.
- Strong professional development and team building skills.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Platform Manager-International Motorcycles
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US