Supplier Development Manager
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2634
Requisition Number: 12340BR
The Manager of Supplier Development will champion global supplychain risk mitigation and quality performance improvement in the areas of newsupplier qualification and on-going supply chain category fundamentalimprovement.
- The SD Manager will lead a global team of supplier development engineers who will collectively formulate category improvement strategy paired with the tactical execution of value based projects within the category at strategic suppliers.
- The SD manager will champion the new supplier qualification process and subsequent successful execution of onboarding process for new suppliers to meet supply chain operations objectives.
- Job requires applying diversified technical knowledge of manufacturing, quality, and engineering along with exercising business acumen of supply chain management.
Supply Chain Management
Improve the reliably and competitivenessof the supply chain for core Polaris products.Analyze current supply base performance to meet corporate strategic objectivesaround Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Promote strong supplier relationships through value selling the benefits of capital and process improvements investments to increase Polaris-centric performance.
- Lead and manage development of new suppliers as needed to support business plan objectives for supply chain performance.
- Harmonize supplier development programs and processes jointly with the objectives of supplier quality and strategic sourcing functions
- Establish corporate level improvement objectives and opportunities and lead time to execute with supplier partners as needed to achieve results.
- Present and facilitate large group setting supplier training & development events
- Conduct quality audits, business assessments, and kaizen improvement events
- Lead supplier risk management & mitigation exercises
- Execute root cause problem solving & corrective/preventative action
- Analyze & track supplier performance data
- Innovate & lead process and tools deployment to enhance the Polaris Quality & Supply Chain Management practices with a focus on standard work.
Strong business to business skills paired with technical acumenof the powertrain and vehicle chassis component supply markets.
- Ability to develop and lead executional multi-year forward strategic vision for department, function, and results.
- Strong working knowledge of continuous improvement principles and practices including 5S, standardized work, quality, capacity, flow, process control, and Lean principles
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to influence without authority to construct buy-in with stakeholders
- Strong manufacturing engineering knowledge across multiple manufacturing process categories [plastic & rubber molding, casting, machining, complex assembly, coatings, circuit board printing, etc]
Define and prioritize corporate supplier development goals andobjectives. Lead the team in solving specific challenges and overcoming projectroadblocks when necessary, so that agreed goals and objectives are met.
- Develop and lead organizational development plan and strategy for supplier development team; create professional and technical growth goals for each team member.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to advance skills and transfer knowledge directly with team members and cross-functionally. Identify future leaders within the company and support their leadership development.
- Benchmark the supply chain management practices and performance to drive process improvements, new technologies, systems and methods.
- Establish rapport and execute reporting with Sr. Leadership both internally and externally within supply base.
- Utilize leadership skills of agility and adaptability to constructively lead internally and externally globally across cultures in highly dynamic global business environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to write clear, concise technical documentation
- The passion to set and meet high standards of performance
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and effectively lead without direct positional authority
- Minimum: BS Degree in Engineering or Technical field with minimum of 10 years of relevant quality, operations, and/or technical business experience.
- Proficient in quality tools - LEAN; SPC; GD&T; Measurement Systems Analysis; Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP); and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Understanding of capacity modeling and production planning, APICS certification preferred.
- Quality System / Manufacturing Process Auditing Experience with knowledge of QS 9000/ TS 16949 requirements.
- Robust technical problem solving skills.
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships cross-functionally internally as well as with a diverse / global supply base.
- Flexibility and ability to travel as required [up to 25%] both domestically and internationally
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Development Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US