Supplier Quality Supervisor
Location: Osceola, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 2636
Requisition Number: 12534BR
Coordinate the efforts of the Product Assurance team to achieve goals aligned with Powertrain or Chassis categories. Document and communicate emerging issues within the supply base of production components through effective presentations, team meetings, etc. to cross functional teams and executive management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Proactively manage Safety Critical items within assigned categories to minimize supplier caused assembly line issues, warranty issues, and drive cost down.
· Effectively lead the team to deliver year over year PPM reduction.
· Effectively lead the team in the development of quality improvement skills.
· Work with suppliers to implement corrective actions to supplier quality caused production build issues.
· Change Control Management (Deviation, DCR and PCR) with Suppliers on after SOP parts to ensure material supply continuity.
· Monitor and report out on the Supply Chain Teams Corrective Action/Preventative Action (CAPA) and Corrective Action Reports (CAR) to ensure on-time completion.
· Coordinate and manage team actions to enable purchasing to deliver cost reductions.
· Collaborate with Suppliers and Polaris Engineering for continuous improvements to ensure Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
· Perform production readiness assessments (PPAP reviews) at supplier facilities for high risk suppliers/components as needed.
· Collaborate with the Supplier Development team to ensure proper onboarding and PSU activities are supported.
· Perform special projects as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
BS degree in Engineering required
Minimum of 7+ years of experience
20-30% travel required to plants & suppliers, including international travel
Excellent Problem Solving, Communication, and Project Management skills
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
Osceola, located on the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, is full of small town charm. Located less than 40 miles northeast of the major metropolitan area of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Osceola enjoys a perfect balance of recreation, tourism, business, and industry. It is an attractive place for families to live, work, and do business.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Quality Supervisor
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Osceola, Wisconsin US