Mechanical Design Engineer - Off Road Vehicles
Location: Bangalore, IN
Job Number: 2637
Requisition Number: 12542BR
Responsible for leading the design process for Off Road Vehicle (ORV) doors and enclosures from concept through validation, and into production. Design Engineer will support new product development (NPD) by executing against the ORV product plan, and provide advanced technical solutions to meet the consumer's needs. This role will focus heavily on vehicle design and integration including design with tubes, stampings, castings, mechanisms, and integration of commercially available commodities.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Prepares preliminary sketches, CAD models, and layouts.
- Prepares reports using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Prepares complex design, drafting, and layout drawings using Creo.
- Ensures designs are meeting the safety, quality, reliability, and cost goals.
- Assess design for manufacturing (DFM) to ensure designs are manufacturable.
- Assess design for assembly (DFA) to ensure designs can be assembled.
- Performs engineering calculations.
- Performs clearance checks, tolerance stacks, and other engineering analysis.
- Completes design tasks in the Polaris Release System (Windchill).
- Participates in design reviews on assigned project.
- Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME), or equivalent.
- 5 years related design engineering experience.
- Experience with Creo (Pro/Engineer) 3-D CAD modeling package required.
- Experience using PTC Windchill Product Lifecycle Management software required.
- Proficient in designing new components from an industrial design rendering or sketch.
- Working knowledge of GD&T per ANSI/ASME Y14.5
- Proficient in performing tolerance stack-up evaluations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Mechanical Design Engineer - Off Road Vehicles
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, IN